• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Texas Spring cleaning: HP Laserjet 5 w/duplexer & paper tray, Okidata 6e printers, Viewsonic PS790 monitor -- All free pickup in Dallas area

Covers: Texas

TheMAN

Experienced Member
Delivery Options
Local Pickup Only
Long time since I posted here.

I have to get rid of some clutter in the house, so rather than sending these vintage equipment out to pasture, I figure someone might want to give them a good home:
  • I have 2 HP Laserjet 5s:
    • One is marginally working and I think the fuser needs cleaning/replacement as the printouts have streaks... this one has the now rare Postscript module and loaded up with maximum RAM beyond official specs, it has 100MB RAM on it, but if the PS module is swapped out for another SIMM, it can go to 128MB
      • It has a Fast Ethernet capable Jetdirect card
    • One is parts only or can be revived with lots of work...
      • The fuser is bad due to a toner cartridge that exploded and stuffed it up... no idea how much of the mess got inside the rest of the printer, but I spent hours vacuuming out what I could without taking it apart
      • The exit rollers are tempermental, so better to replace them... I got brand new ones still in boxes that will go with it
      • The paper size signal connector for the additional paper tray is bad and will fail to pickup the proper paper size signals if the additional paper tray is installed... printer will go on its frits and try to use paper from the additional tray rather than the built in tray, so during its final years of use, I was using the manual feed tray to print
      • It has a 10base-T/10base-2 Jetdirect card
    • 2 duplexers that are now rare for the Laserjet 5:
      • I bought it off eBay 15 years ago, but got one damaged (the tab that pushes on the door switch is broken), so that was kept as parts all these years
      • The "good" one finally died last year, so I swapped it over with the good parts on the other to make it work
  • I have a last known working almost 20 years ago, Okidata Okipage 6e... very basic that's parallel port only, with no ability to add RAM from what I could tell back then... I mothballed it when I got a Laserjet 4P (before I got the Laserjet 5)
  • There's also a good condition Viewsonic PS790 monitor

ALL FREE TO PICKUP IN DALLAS AREA
Can meet anywhere in North Dallas area, or if you want me to go further, then gas money will be needed.

Obviously to any of us here, these are now worthless to most people, so I don't have the time or the energy to bother putting them up on eBay. These will have to go away by mid-week, so they will be sent to Goodwill rather than the county recycling center so they have a slight chance of not being junked.

Back