• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1400HD

KN2000

hello, all I recently picked up a nonworking 1400 HD laptop. seems like the power supply is not working. I have been fiddling with it for a couple weeks now and can’t seem to fix it. I replaced capacitors, transistors and fuses and still nothing. does anybody know where I can get a schematic of the power supply to see what outputs are on all those wires? there seems to be a lot of wires coming out of that power supply. thank you in advance.

I have a Service Manual for the 1400FD/HD. I could scan the pages you need but I am not sure exactly what pages I am looking for. I also may have to dig it out of storage and won't be able to look for it until Sunday. Maybe someone else knows where to find this info already somewhere on the net.

Seaken

I have a Service Manual for the 1400FD/HD. I could scan the pages you need but I am not sure exactly what pages I am looking for. I also may have to dig it out of storage and won't be able to look for it until Sunday. Maybe someone else knows where to find this info already somewhere on the net.

Seaken
thank you very much I’m looking for any information with respect to the power supply output voltages +\-12V, +/-5 V stuff like that. thank you.

Sorry, I've been away from the forum for awhile. I did find my 1400FD/HD manual in storage but I have not had the time to open it up and scan any pages. I will be away again this weekend but after that I should be able to do some scans for you.

Seaken

Sorry, I've been away from the forum for awhile. I did find my 1400FD/HD manual in storage but I have not had the time to open it up and scan any pages. I will be away again this weekend but after that I should be able to do some scans for you.

Seaken
I would also be interested in this manual.

Seaken
Hi Seaken,
I am also interested in the manual. The schematic of the internal power supply FD and HD would be highly appreciated.
The machine I have is a 1400FD, upgraded with HD and controller. So I have no clue which power supply is used.
Regards,

I have yet to set up my old scanner. I did find the manual though. I am going to be scanning some Gateway 2000 manuals also. I will try to get that scanner set up in the next few days. My day job has me pretty busy this time of year (wood and gas stoves) so it may not get done as soon as I would like. Sorry about the delay.

Seaken

Back