• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.

Tektronix XD88 workstations

legalize

Experienced Member
I was given a Tektronix XD88/35 workstation. I haven't done anything with this machine other than store it so far. I'm wondering if anyone else has one of these before I start working on refurbishing and seeing if I can get it to boot up (hard drive state unknown, but assumed to have been removed, but maybe not). If someone else has a working machine, that would be a great help as there are no manuals, etc., around for this thing.

wordspace_carrot

I was given a Tektronix XD88/35 workstation. I haven't done anything with this machine other than store it so far. I'm wondering if anyone else has one of these before I start working on refurbishing and seeing if I can get it to boot up (hard drive state unknown, but assumed to have been removed, but maybe not). If someone else has a working machine, that would be a great help as there are no manuals, etc., around for this thing.
Are you still interested in the XD88. I have a working system ( orig drive is flakey, but I made a copy that boots). Are you interested in a disk image ?
Cheers, Mike

Ydalir

I know this posting is already 1 year old.. BUT
If you are interested:
I own original Tek manuals as they have been delivered

- XD88 Series Daily Use
- UTek Command Reference Vol 1 and Vol 2
(This answers your question: Tek released a specific Unix version for the XD88, called UTek, a fork off Unix 7)
and
- UTek Tools Vol 1and Vol 2

All the books are complete and in good shape.
The then tek typical
Additionally I have a manual für System Administration for the 6130 Workstation available
rgds
Ydalir

legalize

Experienced Member
Sweet! Is there a way we can get them scanned? I'm happy to pay round-trip postage in the US and scan them.

Can we work something out? I should also contact the VintageTek people to see if they have any manuals.