• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The Blacksquare Repository

One Man Band

Experienced Member
Hello...

I'd like to announce that The Blacksquare Repository is now officially open!

http://blacksquare.onemanband.com/

This is a project I began to help me be able to collect every "black square" Apple product (manuals, disks, books, etc.) Yes, I know there are some Addison-Wesley books that cost a ton. :)

There is a line of Apple products that I call "black square" because of the characteristic black square (usually filled) in the upper-left corner next to the rainbow Apple logo.

There are two main goals of The Blacksquare Repository:

1) I need a master list of products so I know what to collect. :)
2) The repository is a free and public place the Apple community can go for information regarding these products. (This is the beginning of my contributions to the Apple community. You're a great bunch and I'd like to give back some how. Perhaps the Repository could be used as a template for other repositories?)

The amount of data currently contained in the Repository is limited only to what I already own or found out enough information online to include it, so there is much that is missing. Some of the products I own are still sealed so their summaries are missing; I still need to pull the information from their PDFs. I am making the announcement now because the process is now quite automated, so adding/updating information is a breeze.

The data will be kept as current and accurate as possible, but I need your help. If you own or know about any black square product, I would like you to tell me about it so I can put it in the Repository. (Please use the link found in the Repository pages.)

Thank you for reading and your contributions,

]3ob

Back