• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Thrift store find... CoCo 2 64k

EddieDX4

Veteran Member
I know almost nothing about CoCo's, but today I happen to be doing the thrift store rounds to see if I could find any vintages and there was a bin with a bunch of random electronics. In it, there was a CoCo 2 64k model that looked in good phyisical condition (a bit dirty, and minor scuffs, but no cracked plastics and all keys felt okay).

I have no clue if it works, yet, but I paid $2.63 for it.

About to test it... I decided to post this here first in case it explodes and I die in the process, so everyone knew that I died in the name of vintage computing.

:stupid:

It works! :)

got a pretty green screen on the TV that says:

EXTENDED COLOR BASIC 1.1
COPYRIGHT (C) 1982 BY TANDY
UNDER LICENSE FROM MICROSOFT

OK

I quickly wrote 10 PRINT "HI", hit ENTER then typed RUN and well, you know what happens next. I just had to run something!

So... Now that I have a working $2.63 (including tax) CoCo 2 64k... What now? I usually acquire vintages I have a keen interest in, but this is an odd pick for me since the price was hard to pass up. It is working, though, so it deserves to be kept alive. Now I need ideas.

They sure do have a lot of stuff for the Coco! The DriveWire looks really interesting, and I just got a desk to set projects up on , I might go for something like that-- but I would want to build my own, that's for sure. Have serial port will travel!

My Tandy is a Coco2, and that was a great find, Eddie!

They sure do have a lot of stuff for the Coco! The DriveWire looks really interesting, and I just got a desk to set projects up on , I might go for something like that-- but I would want to build my own, that's for sure. Have serial port will travel!

My Tandy is a Coco2, and that was a great find, Eddie!

Thanks! I think so too... It was a low risk gamble, and it paid off very well. I just got done giving it a shine with some Simple Green... It's fairly clean, very few scuffs. From what I've read so far it appears to be one of the later CoCo 2's (the label says Tandy /// Color Computer 2, instead of TRS-80). It also has the full stroke keys. It does seem all the cool games were made for the CoCo 3, tho...

Strongly considering that SuperIDE adapter thingy with the 4x 16k NAND FLASH banks and the Compact Flash slot...

Well, NOW you've done it!!!

Well, NOW you've done it!!!

Once you go COCO.....

vanilla isnt good enuf anymore! :shock:

.... or so Ive been told. :roll:

Good find! GREAT price! <insert jealosy here>

:mrgreen:

Back