• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TI 99/4A prices and where to get one...

Bamse

I'm thinking of trying to get a TI 99/4A computer.

What would I expect to pay for a working one with some games and the speech synthesizer ?
$20, $50, $100, $150 or even more ?

Where would I get one ?
I've seen a bunch on E-bay, are there other places to go to ?

/Bamse

I'm thinking of trying to get a TI 99/4A computer.

What would I expect to pay for a working one with some games and the speech synthesizer ?
$20, $50, $100, $150 or even more ?

Where would I get one ?
I've seen a bunch on E-bay, are there other places to go to ?

/Bamse

ebay is going to be your best bet. I've seen anything from just a bare machine with no power supply to a fully blown systems with PEB, games, and everything go for anywhere from $20-$200. Obviously, the more stuff, the more coin.

Generally, if you're just looking for a basic 99/4A and some games, will set you back $20-30. Although, I noticed tonight that a metric BUTT TON of stuff was put up by mdude. Anytime a glut of stuff is on the market, the prices drop dramatically. So, now may be the time to start watching!

Curtis

Thanks Curtis.

I bid earlier on a system with cartridges, speech synthesizer etc. but since I had no clue about the value I didn't want to go specially high.

Looks like I should be able to get what I want for around $50-$100.

I'll check out mdudes auction and see if there is anything I want...

Got me a TI-99/4a (black and silver) for $36.20 including shipping on E-bay...
And a pair of TI joysticks for $7.04...
I'll be playing Parsec next week...:D

Thanks Curtis.

I bid earlier on a system with cartridges, speech synthesizer etc. but since I had no clue about the value I didn't want to go specially high.

Looks like I should be able to get what I want for around $50-$100.

I'll check out mdudes auction and see if there is anything I want...

Hopefully. Especially if you're not looking to get the PEB right away. Those tend to go a little higher.

Of course it also depends on how the PEB is filled out. If someone is parting out all the cards and selling the chassis stripped, it'll obviously go quite lower, but then it's not as useful!

Back