• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TI grab off of Craigslist

channelmaniac

Veteran Member
WOOHOO!

Picked up a bunch of TI-99 stuff off of CL today...

5 - TI-99/4a computers
1 - Impact Printer
3 - Expansion Boxes (each with a 5.25" drive and 32k Memory. One has an RS-232 port)
1 - External floppy
2 - Speech Synthesizers
3 - RF Modulators
a bunch of floppy disks and cartridges.

It also came with a bunch of 5.25" PC floppies - including some Zenith labeled MS Windows software. (I'll start a thread on the software once I get it all inventoried)

It'll be a couple of weeks before I can go through and test everything. One of the expansion boxes and a bunch of the software will be going towards putting together a big TI-99/4 system with one I have on the shelf here. That system will be going up for sale after that if anyone's looking for a nice rare one!

RJ

Good haul. Do a double-check to see if you turned up any third-party cartridges in the lot. Some of those are very tough to find. A few of the TI badged ones are as well, but not many of those were rare, as most of them had pretty good production runs. Some software fits into the rare category as well, if it shows up with original disks and docs, again, mostly on the third-party side.

Yup congrats :) The vintage computer gods must be smiling on us in Texas. I also found a very nice gentleman at the Belton Hamfest over the weekend and ended up with 2 TI/994a's and a C64 with some loose disks to play with and some magazines showing prices on gear from the late 80's and 1990. I passed on an unpriced Univac keyboard which I obviously didn't know if it was really to a univac or something else, turned out it was for a univac keypunch , and also turned down two interesting police computers (12v cigarette adapter machines) with color lcd/touch screen. They were interesting and Pentium 233 (not vintage in my eyes) but although I'm sure he was trying to make me a good deal at $150 for both I couldn't bring myself to do it. It was interesting trying to figure out how I would get data onto them though lol (possibly laplink or something that the 98 install had a driver for) as it had no floppy or cdrom and only takes pcmcia cards. They were interesting but just out of my toy budget.

Back