• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pacific Northwest Two 70s/80s Single Board Computers: KIM-1/KIMSI/S100 and Ferguson Big Board

Covers: Oregon and Washington

pitz

Delivery Options
Local Pickup Only
In clearing out my garage retro workspace, I'm looking to sell two 70s/80s single board computers in project cases. One is a MOS/Commodore KIM-1 in a project case, having a KIMSI backplane, and a few S-100 cards. I think a couple of them are memory cards. Having left it idle for so long with many of the wiring likely getting disconnected, I hesitate to put power on it unless someone has the time and chops to do it in a more careful way. Original MOS KIM-1 manuals (User Manual, Hardware Manual, Programming Manual) and some magazines included.

The second project case is a very clean Z80 Ferguson Big Board with two 8" diskette drives. Also untested after sitting unpowered for many years. I first mistook these to be diskette drives that connect to the KIM-1 project case, and now remembered that it is a standalone project in itself. This case is real HEAVY, because of the diskette drives.

All are untested after being unpowered for many years and they are sold as-is. Let me know if you need additional pictures. The boards have all the chips in place.

$800-1000 for both or best offer. Prefer local meet up in the Portland, Oregon area, unless we can figure out a way to ship them insured in a couple of 20x20x20 boxes. The Ferguson Big Board is heavy and may cost a lot to be shipped.

Peter

Attachments

• KIM-1-KIMSI-1.jpg
    KIM-1-KIMSI-1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
  • KIM-1-KIMSI-2.jpg
    KIM-1-KIMSI-2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • KIM-1-KIMSI-3.jpg
    KIM-1-KIMSI-3.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • KIM-1-KIMSI-4.jpg
    KIM-1-KIMSI-4.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
  • KIM-1-KIMSI-5.jpg
    KIM-1-KIMSI-5.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • KIM-1-KIMSI-6.jpg
    KIM-1-KIMSI-6.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
  • KIM-1-Manuals.jpg
    KIM-1-Manuals.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • FergusonBigBoard-1.jpg
    FergusonBigBoard-1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
  • FergusonBigBoard-2.jpg
    FergusonBigBoard-2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
  • FergusonBigBoard-3.jpg
    FergusonBigBoard-3.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
Looks like the Ferguson Big Board also has the Ferguson 256K RAM expansion module/board and the 4MHz speed up mod.

In clearing out my garage retro workspace, I'm looking to sell two 70s/80s single board computers in project cases. One is a MOS/Commodore KIM-1 in a project case, having a KIMSI backplane, and a few S-100 cards. I think a couple of them are memory cards. Having left it idle for so long with many of the wiring likely getting disconnected, I hesitate to put power on it unless someone has the time and chops to do it in a more careful way. Original MOS KIM-1 manuals (User Manual, Hardware Manual, Programming Manual) and some magazines included.

The second project case is a very clean Z80 Ferguson Big Board with two 8" diskette drives. Also untested after sitting unpowered for many years. I first mistook these to be diskette drives that connect to the KIM-1 project case, and now remembered that it is a standalone project in itself. This case is real HEAVY, because of the diskette drives.

All are untested after being unpowered for many years and they are sold as-is. Let me know if you need additional pictures. The boards have all the chips in place.

$800-1000 for both or best offer. Prefer local meet up in the Portland, Oregon area, unless we can figure out a way to ship them insured in a couple of 20x20x20 boxes. The Ferguson Big Board is heavy and may cost a lot to be shipped.

Peter
(SOLD)

Back