• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Western Europe Wanted: MIPS Magnum PC4000 or SC4000, or only a motherboard.

Covers: Germany, France, UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco and Liechtenstein

TMM

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm not looking for a free machine. I'm happy to pay.

I'm looking for a MIPS Magnum PC4000 or SC4000, ideally a whole system but just a motherboard would also work. I've been working on various programs for the ARC firmware (I've ported newlib and doom to it!) :) This work will be made open source.

At at any rate, my own Magnum has a faulty SCSI controller chip and repairs have been... Not entirely successful. I'd really love to be able to complete my projects but right now I'm a little stuck.

What I plan to do with it:
* Fix the Linux port for the magnum, I have linux 6.2.11 booting and working minus floppy drive and RTC.
* Polish up my newlib port and publish it.
* Dump the roms and contribute them back to mame.
* Fix the emulation of the machine in Mame and Qemu

I'm not sure what these things are worth, I'm happy to negotiate. I'm also happy to pay for international shipping. I really want a working magnum.

Thank you!

Back