• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Would Love a Service Manual for a COCO 3 or at least help :-)

irishmike

Experienced Member
Greetings:

I am not sure if someone has a service manual for a Color Computer 3 or not, but I would love to get a copy of one. If you have one please PM me.

Here is what I am trying to figure out:

I have a working COCO3 main board where the previous owner had basically used the COCO for the brains of a custom machine. Thanks to the "good eye" of a friend of mine who repairs electronics locally here, he thought it is a COCO3 and indeed it was. It was built into a custom case that the person who built the machine had built basically a custom cartridge (much bigger, the board was as big as the COCO 3 main board and set-off above it on stand offs) and so we rescued the main board from this device.

The power supply is a wall wort which the input was custom and wired to by-pass the switch on the COCO 3. It did not circumvent it, just used points on the switch to get power.

All this is to figure out how the power supply should hook to the coco 3 (original) and I either need a good picture of a non-modified one or a schematic with the voltages, etc so I can wire the wall wort correctly or whatever. (This does go along with my search for a COCO3, which I have agreed to buy some parts for already here in the PMs, still need a case and power supply though).

Anyhow, if someone has a service manual or can simply answer the question here, great.

Thanks,

Mike

Maltedmedia does have quite a few goodies. They are in the process of organizing everything right now.

You can also go here: http://www.tandycoco.com/techdocs.html

Look for Tandy's Little Wonder down close to the bottom of the page - excellent book. Also, look for the 'Excellent CoCo3 Schematic' - this was done by a gentleman named Ty Sopkow a few years ago, Best CoCo3 schematic I've seen.

Back