• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Western Europe WTB: “mini” computer - 70s/80s

Covers: Germany, France, UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco and Liechtenstein

dnlfern

Hi All,
This might be a long shot but if anyone has for sale, or could point me in the direction of where to look for one, I'm after a vintage "mini" computer, thinking DEC PDP-11, Data General Nova, that kind of thing. I'm based in North East England, but would be willing to travel for the right thing.

Thanks All :)

To be honest I’d be happy with either. I have a PiDP-11/70 replica which is replicating a blinkenlights panel so it’s very much the hardware side I’m interested in. It’d be great to have the real thing, but I’d be happy without.

Darn! I had a PDP-11/20 taking up space for almost a decade before I gave it away to another collector.

OP is in Europe so don't think that would have worked out anyways.

However if anyone else reading this has a similar system in the US Midwest just "taking up space", please contact me. :)

OP is in Europe so don't think that would have worked out anyways.
I suppose it depends just how keen OP is. I drove a thousand miles to snag a PDP-11/15, and another thousand for an ASR33 and DECwriter. Shipping hardware from the US or other northern hemisphere location like Europe to where I am isn't a turn-off and I'd potentially go for a US Midwest offering just as much as you would :)

Back