• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The South WTB: (GA) TRS-80 Model III 48k w/dual drives

Covers: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Viriginia.

Dai

Been wanting to acquire another one for a while since I sold mine about 10 years ago. I'm able to have somebody meet for me in the Atlanta area since I'm currently in Japan for local just in case. I still have all of my original software to use with it but anything model III related is also welcomed.

Thank you for your time.

What condition are you looking for? One that needs work or a museum piece? Buddy of mine has one he might let go of I have to ask, but the paint is pretty sad and CRT has A LOT of burn in. Think the 2nd drive needs a new belt as well. But it does boot and keyboard works. Normally I wouldnt offer other peoples stuff, but I know he's a bit in a bind atm and out of work.

So what condition are you looking for and what is your budget?

What condition are you looking for? One that needs work or a museum piece? Buddy of mine has one he might let go of I have to ask, but the paint is pretty sad and CRT has A LOT of burn in. Think the 2nd drive needs a new belt as well. But it does boot and keyboard works. Normally I wouldnt offer other peoples stuff, but I know he's a bit in a bind atm and out of work.

So what condition are you looking for and what is your budget?
Thanks for your response. I'd ideally like it to not be missing anything (keys, badges in good shape etc). I have a 12" amber screen that should fit into it actually so that might be a good candidate. I also don't mind doing a paint job as I used to paint cars when I was younger in a body shop so that's a non issue. Belts and the sort don't bother me at all either. The fact that it powers on would be a great starting point. I can go either way on what I can spend depending on condition. For something in rougher shape I'd just be curious what they would be asking for it. I was always told that ebay price does not always reflect market price but I'd wonder around 150-250?

Again thanks!

Update: I managed to pick one up from another marketplace however when it was shipped the crt was loose and it ended up bouncing all around and broke the neck off and knocked off some capacitors from the power supply. Now i'm in the market for any compatible tube for the model III. I ideally wanted to pick one of from an enthusiast forum as we tend to add some additional love the boxes. I have learned my lesson, that's for sure. Let me know if anyone has anything, b/w, green, amber anything really. Thank you for your time!

Back