• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

13w3 adaptor or cable

Micom 2000

Veteran Member
My Next megapixel monitor has been dead for some time so I want to connect my Iyama to it. The Iyama has a 5 BNC RGB and a 15-pin VGA connectors. I need a 13w3-f to either config male. Adaptor or cable. I believe SGI and Sun monitor cables would work. Will buy or trade(I have many items).

Lawrence

Last edited:
You may be able to buy these connectors loose, but they can be rather expensive.

Here is a web page with pinouts for five different 13W3 video outputs:

http://www.monitorworld.com/Cables/video_standards.html

Based on that page, the NeXT pinout is not identical to neither RS/6000, Sun, SGI or Intergraph.

On the other hand, some place who sells 13W3 to VGA adapters claim their adapters will be universal within Sun, SGI and NeXT. I'm not sure whom to believe - or both?

http://www.si87.com/Products/Cabling/Adapters/adapters.html

Yeah I saw those pages and have pin-outs from 2 separate sources both different. The Black Hole site has cables that have 3 BNC connectors. Don't know if that would work on my Iyama which has 5. I'd really prefer using the RGB bnc connection. Guess I'll have to check out the comp.sys.next newsgroup if anyone still uses it.
One cable source wanted $170 for the cable. Ridiculous.

Lawrence

Three BNC sounds like composite sync-on-green, while your monitor has separate horizontal and vertical syncs? Possibly the Iyama can be run as either, check a manual in that case.

Back