• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What is this?

I found a reference to a "Atlantic Research Corp. Interview 10 Protocol Analyser"

Protocol analyser? about to do a wikipedia search.

Do you think this it what it is?

I only have one casual mention and I'm not sure uf that's enough to go by...

I dunno, I haven't seen the webpage you found describing it as a p/a, but if it is one, it's well worth the asking bid, just for the kewl factor. Even more so if you actually *use* it.

--T

I'd expect it to be some on-field terminal/computer in industrial use, perhaps aviation as Atlantic Research Corperation seems to have been something working with space equipment? Impossible to tell if this unit was custom made or licensed from some other manufacturer.

I did see this, but no. It came from a forum of somesort (I knew i should have bookmarked it) And it definitely said Atlantic Research Corporation Interviewer 10. If it is a packet sniffer, I will be in debate with myself wether I'll actually use it. I find it hard to buy something I'm not going to use, just look at.

Yep, it was a post to the newsgroup sci.electronics.repair in July 2005 about someone who had a bunch of interesting stuff on eBay, including a such Interview 10.

Probably a good choice, if you don't have a clue what you're bidding on and little chance to find documentation afterwards. There should be plenty of interesting computers, including PS/2 and others, if you're just looking around for anything.

Its just not my thing. I've not been into computers very long. I got my first computer 2 years ago (after sharing family PC for a year) and i first went on the internet 4 years ago at school. Since then I've learnt a lot, mainly through breaking and subsequently having to fix my computers. Meanwhile, I'm trying to stick with things I'm familiar with (IBM clones, MS-DOS & BASIC machines) and then later on I'll branch out into CP/M, UNIX and wierd and undocumented things like this Interviewer 10 when I have a bit more understanding and knowledge. At least thats my action plan, anyway.

Yep, unusual machines can be interesting if you are certain to get some kind of docs or support. Without it, at best it will boot to some default, and then you scratch your head wondering what to do next.

I bid on the IBM and was outbid by £2!

Ah well, I'm saving my cash for a nice sharp portable.

Back