• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Complete Commodore 64 system

Dustin

Looking to get a complete Commodore 64 system with it's monitor, and disk drive. And a printer if possible.

Something along this order would be ideal:

sid-8.gif

All offers considered :D

Thanks,

Dustin

Me too. Depending if it is for collecting or use, some parts could be omitted, replaced or added. Someone who has put together a "complete" system may expect (starting bid) to get twice or even more the money all the parts would bring if they were sold separately.

Dustin said:
Looking to get a complete Commodore 64 system with it's monitor, and disk drive. And a printer if possible.

Something along this order would be ideal:

sid-8.gif

I don't know if you would be happy with a 1525 printer... There are many printer interfaces available that will connect to Epson compatible dot-matrix printer. That way you get a lot better and faster output!

Cheers,

80sFreak

P.S. And source code is much easier to read on fanfold paper then on laser printer output! ;)

80sFreak wrote:

> I don't know if you would be happy with a 1525
> printer... There are many printer interfaces
> available that will connect to Epson compatible dot-
> matrix printer. That way you get a lot better and
> faster output!

Do C64s work on the principal that if an Epson compatable is
used it can print Graphics?

Or do they specifically need one to simply print anything out?

CP/M User.

CP/M User said:
Do C64s work on the principal that if an Epson compatable is
used it can print Graphics?

Or do they specifically need one to simply print anything out?

CP/M User.

IIRC, Epson compatible means that the printer uses a standard set of ESC/P commands to access special features like bold face, underline, italics, print quality, raster graphics, etc. and I believe most C64 programs that print out stuff supports it.

Cheers,

Bryan

P.S. I also think there are certain C64 programs that will support specific printers like the Okimate colour printers. (Which give you great colour output but once you go through a ribbon you can't use it again.)

Also you'd need a special printer interface - there were several different - to connect the printer and get C= character graphics and probably also to use it in applications printing high resolution images (which IIRC is achieved by constantly re-defining one or a set of custom characters inside the printer).

1525 should be better than 1515 at least. I don't know how long the ribbon in the colour 1526 lasted, or if it could be reused. Of course you have the MPS series (801, 803, 12xx-something) which also are natively compatible. The guy where I picked up the PET stuff had an old car full of even older printers of various kinds, about to go to landfill.

this is an interesting picture. an early c64 with VIC components and VIC 1541 drive. I think that this is more of a for-show pic rather than what you'd expect in a typical system set up. You would not be able to use the cartridges for example.

but...assuming that the spirit of the request is just to get a basic set up that works rather than over analyze the picture example, there is a guy in Colorado or Utah who has a web site with pretty much everything you need to put together a nice system. Very nice people.

http://www.oldsoftware.com/

> You would not be able to use the cartridges for example. ?>

Why not ?

I do have a complete system available if one wants and I have numerous 1702 0r 1802 monitors, and possibly a sekoisha (?) printer but why would you want to pay the shipping costs of these peripherals, despite the obvious merits of the Commodore monitors.

They can be used by most ealier HOME systems and with a VCR as tuner as a TV or video GS. Any collector should have one of these amazingly versatile monitors in any case, and use it as an excellent Video should your overpriced TV quit, as I do. And even watch DVDs on it or play numerous generations of game machines. But buy it locally. Shipping costs are high and they are available until the Gamers discover their versatility.

Lawrence

You can't use vic 20 carts in a c64. In this pic the vic 1011a is a serial adapter that you'd use to give a VIC an rs232 port on your VIc 20. I looked real hard at the 64 to make sure this was not really a vic20.

But the cartridges (Forth and something unreadable) look like C64, if not CBM 700 series cartridges. They're definitely not VIC-20 cartridges.

The 1011A is indeed a RS232 interface, but it goes into the user port on the left hand side, which is physically (but not electronically) identical on the VIC and 64. I'm sure the interface works equally well on both.

Back