• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Any Active Commodore BBS's?

Nevyn said:
I just realized that with Vonage now... I could dialup any BBS anywhere in North America I wanted... if it made any sense too... then I thought about the fact that I'd use a modem to dialup over a broadband/internet based phone service... and my head exploded.

My head is doing just fine on my shoulders.. ;) I use a modem over Vonage all the time to test software I write for my day job. The connection used to be pretty dodgy (even with Comcast's fastest upload service) but in the last few months it has been almost perfect! :) I am not sure if it is because of Comcast or Vonage.

Cheers,

80sFreak

P.S. With your modem connection quality tied to the upload speed, I can simulate line noise on the modem to help test my software!

Terry Yager said:
You should offer that software for sale to nostalgia freaks who miss the 'GoodOlDayz'...

--T

The software that simulates the line noise really isn't special... I have uTorrent running pretty much all the time. When I want a good connection I just pause it, when I want a bad connection, I leave it uploading at about 70 kB/s or so (or slow it down to what speed I want).

Cheers,

80sFreak

A Breakthrough in Retro BBSing has arrived.

A Breakthrough in Retro BBSing has arrived.

Working in conjunction with Excalibur, I have gotten DMBBS V4.8E online and running full steam at 2400 baud via telnet. The interesting thing about that? I am running the BBS from the Vice64 emulator and not using any Commodore hardware at all! Yes, that's right we have broke through and invite any interested ones to get a copy of DMBBS and set it up in VICE64. email myself or Excalibur if you are interested in running a DMBBS! You can download it from http://zimmers.net/bbs/index.html.

You will also have to get vice64 and tcpser4j to get it to run. Excalibur and I have each have the config you will need to for tcpser4j to get DMBBS running correctly in Vice. Checkout my BBS at telnet://65.80.188.195:6400 and enjoy a bit of nostalgia! Please be aware though that my BBS hasn't been updated since it went down originally in 1993. I plan a major revamp to it, but will leave it online while I do so.

Electroflash said:
Working in conjunction with Excalibur, I have gotten DMBBS V4.8E online and running full steam at 2400 baud via telnet. The interesting thing about that? I am running the BBS from the Vice64 emulator and not using any Commodore hardware at all! Yes, that's right we have broke through and invite any interested ones to get a copy of DMBBS and set it up in VICE64. email myself or Excalibur if you are interested in running a DMBBS! You can download it from http://zimmers.net/bbs/index.html.

You will also have to get vice64 and tcpser4j to get it to run. Excalibur and I have each have the config you will need to for tcpser4j to get DMBBS running correctly in Vice. Checkout my BBS at telnet://65.80.188.195:6400 and enjoy a bit of nostalgia! Please be aware though that my BBS hasn't been updated since it went down originally in 1993. I plan a major revamp to it, but will leave it online while I do so.

One thing I forgot to mention to all perspective callers is that due to the nature of the login, it may take up to 30 seconds for you to actually see anything on your terminal. I logged in from a different computer in my home and it was pretty rapid, but Excalibur told me it took around 30 seconds before he saw anything. So please be patient and allow the board to run.

Vonage? Why?

Vonage? Why?

Why use Vonage when you can telnet to any of the emerging BBSs out there? That's the connection way of the future. All BBSs will be telnettable if not running purely through emulation like my BBS.

Electroflash
Fantasia's Return
Running DMBBS V4.8E
65.80.188.195 Port 6400
2400 Baud 24 Hours a day.

I personally use Vonage to test some of the software I write which uses a modem to obtain credit and debit card authorizations and settlement.

Cheers,

80sFreak

Cmbbs 5.2

Cmbbs 5.2

Does anyone know where I can obtain cmbbs source code? I have it but it's already complied. I need a basic copy so I can change prompts, menus Etc...

I would like to get an original copy with documation but might be hard to get

Robert.

Does anyone know where I can obtain cmbbs source code? I have it but it's already complied. I need a basic copy so I can change prompts, menus Etc...

I would like to get an original copy with documation but might be hard to get

Robert.

You can find documentation for CMBBS v5.1 at http://server.zimmers.net/bbs/docs/cmbbs.txt

You can download Zipped D64's of the CMBBS v6.0 program and data disks at ftp://ftp.zimmers.net/pub/cbm/c64/comm/bbs/cmbbs60.zip

Hope this helps! :)

-Andrew

Cmbbs 5.2

Cmbbs 5.2

Well guys (and gals) after spending 2 days searching online I finally found cmbbs 5.2 in basic (source code) I was even able to send it to my laser printer for a print out. It took a long time but to me it was worth it.

Robert

Arb bbs

Arb bbs

Are there any Commodore BBS's currently running in the US/Canada?

I would like to experiment with a BBS of my own. Let me know if anyone has interest in such a project.

I have set up a test board using the ARB BBS System, but it's not publicly available, yet.

Hi,

Do you still have ARB BBS? If so what version? Do you have any documentation for it? I am looking to run it on my WiFi modem. Arthur Brock is no where to be found.

Back