• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB:34 pin drive

Well its for an sampler i have. It requires a 34 pin drive but i want to try puttin an internal zip drive in it. If you know of any which i know will probally be hard to even find information on please let me know.

Do you have ne? Please tell me everything u know.

Thanks
Nicole

You mean like a Kawai or Roland keyboard? If it is 34 pin, it probably wants a 3.5" floppy diskette.

Yeah i know it takes a floppy drive im wanting to add a zip drive. But i cant find ne 34 pin zip drives. I was told they were made but cant find ne.

There is no Zip that runs off of a floppy interface .. And even if it did, the keyboard wouldn't know what to with it because it is expecting a floppy disk, not a Zip. Somebody lied ..

Zips are available in parallel port versions, SCSI versions, and IDE/ATAPI versions.

LS 120 drives might work - they actually look like floppy drives. But I don't know what the connector is - it probably has at least an IDE/ATAPI connector, and maybe a floppy connector too. Do a Google search to see if this works for you.

The number of pins really isn't the issue here. You can have drives with the same number of pins, but if the machine expects to talk to the drive one way and the drive expects to talk another way, it isn't going to work. Worse yet, you might fry the electronics on both sides.

I would suggest contacting the manufacturer to see what they recommend. Just finding 'an adapter' isn't going to work .. that takes care of the wiring, not what is on the wires. SCSI is very different than what floppies normally use. The manufacturer knows best.

I guess i will just give up on my project. Nothing seems possible for what i want to do. Thanks for all who helped.

Nicole

Perhaps it is possible to build a floppy disk interface that connects to some other storage media, emulating a floppy disk for the application in the other end? It would certainly be much more complex than crafting an adapter cable, but for anyone with the correct (and intensive) skills, it might be a fun project. I'd suggest a flash RAM device with a floppy disk emulating interface, with some display and buttons to flip between the floppy disk images stored on the memory card.

I tell u what if ne body think they could mod my motherboard to have an internal drive please let me know. I cant give up this easy i just cant stop thinkin about it. Im stayin up to like 4 and 5 in the morning. So let me give u some more information on this machine which could lead to a possible answer.

The motheboard has a power supply for a floppy device.
The mother board has a 34pin cable attached(cant be removed; if removed it will require soldering to put it back on)
It has SCSI on it but the SCSI is on the outside of the machine so the back of the SCSI is facing the inside of the machine.

Now I know i could just use a SCSI zip, cd, ect but i want to use an internal because this is a project i want to do. I like creating stuff. It has been done. This one dude who has one in his drum machine said he spliced a SCSI cable and had it soldered to the back of the SCSI connection. How he done it I dont know?!

But ne ways all u smart people think for me please. Im begging. Ask me more questions cause maybe im leaving out something.

Thanks For everything.

Nicole

p.s. I was thinking mabye someone on here could re-design the board or something. Who knows?!

Terry Yager said:
I think I could prolly dig-up a 34-pin WORN drive (WriteOnceReadNever (not to be confused with WOM (WriteOnlyMemory))).

--T

Never heard of that. But thanks ne ways.

Nicole

Nicole,

Please see my post in your other thread.

Basically this synthesizer takes either a 1.44MB floppy disk or some sort of SCSI storage device. (It has a 25 pin D shell for SCSI.) Your best best is to read the instruction book for it or contact the manufacturer.

Yeah thanks for responding but i know about the SCSI on the back im just trying to do some modification. I guess i'll just have to pay 300 bucks to have it done cause it is possible to get a zip drive in one. But thanks for everything.

Nicole

Terry Yager said:
A six-dollar SCSI cable might just save you $294.00...

--T

Explain more if u dont mind. Im not being a pest am i? Dont want to get on ne ones nerves. But thanks once again to all who posted.

Nicole

Back