• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Eurovision Song Contest

carlsson

Veteran Member
The semi-final round of the Eurovision Song Contest is underway. Generally, it seems the weaker song, the more skin you show. If partial stage nudity was accepted, I'm sure some of the girls would go for it. The hosts (Greece) had an opening number where one girl was dressed in a skin-coloured body suit with anatomically correct appendages down to the (fully visible) nipple colour! The contestant from Andorra was accompanied by four lingerie dancers, and the girl from Belarus would've had a very generous cleavage if it wasn't for the skin-coloured top.

The top 10 from the semi-final advances to the final on Saturday, when another 14 entries also enter the competition.

Just like with computers, it seems this event was taken more seriously (better?) in the 80'ties.

Oh no...is it that time again?

I've got two words for you Guildo Horn...

...shudder...

carlsson said:
The semi-final round of the Eurovision Song Contest is underway. Generally, it seems the weaker song, the more skin you show. If partial stage nudity was accepted, I'm sure some of the girls would go for it. The hosts (Greece) had an opening number where one girl was dressed in a skin-coloured body suit with anatomically correct appendages down to the (fully visible) nipple colour! The contestant from Andorra was accompanied by four lingerie dancers, and the girl from Belarus would've had a very generous cleavage if it wasn't for the skin-coloured top.

The top 10 from the semi-final advances to the final on Saturday, when another 14 entries also enter the competition.

Just like with computers, it seems this event was taken more seriously (better?) in the 80'ties.

I have a couple of *topless* pix around here somewhere...Think I might have a shot? (Hey, it was good enough to earn me some beads on Bourbon Street).

--T

Last edited:
Haha. Out of a total 37 entries, the only truly commercial pop song, the Belgian entry "Je t'Adore" by Kate Ryan, didn't make it to the final. Instead, some ESC protest song from Lithuania was televoted ahead of it. A lot of people disregard this competition as a joke and having nothing to do with real life music sales. Two years in a row now, some really strong pop songs have been eliminated, and anyone who works towards making the competition more relevant, is struggling with shortcomings all the time. Although the idea with people's vote is appealing, maybe it is time to introduce expert jury groups again, and let them give out half the points.

And Terry, there were "topless" male dancers already tonight, so unless you have a remarkably well defined upper body, it would not add to anything.

I honestly really really hate the "music" that ends up on the ESC.

Granted my taste is music isn't exactly pop oriented but man....

I think die ärzte should show up and scare everyone. That would rock.

I kid Guildo, but he's kinda cool in that he knows he isn't cool
and revels in it.

But you know that NBC bought (?!) the rights to the format and will run an American Song Contest? One entry from each state, and the artists have to be unsigned, since the grand prize will be a record contract.. yep, it is thought as a counter initiative to Fox' American Idol. I don't see why they need to buy the format from EBU though, to me it sounds like just any music competition they could put together on their own.

Back