• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

billdeg

Technician
Often it takes a few minutes to write and submit a post. If it takes more than a few minutes, I am asked to log in again, and my post is lost. Can you extend the cookie expiration time?

It's currently set for 15 minutes. I bumped it up from 10 to that a couple of months ago. Hopefully I don't need to make it longer.

The ideal solution is to check "keep me logged on" the next time you log in to the forums. That way you won't get logged out unless I do a significant software upgrade here or you delete your cookies.

Yep, after I checked the "keep me logged on", I don't have logout issues anymore (and I don't need to login whenever I come here). It seems like the only viable option for those who want to spend some time composing messages.

Or you can do the off-line message composition. I do most of my longer ones as an Outlook email message so I can get the benefit of spell-check, etc.

How does that work, by "tagging" (subscribing) to a thread, and then later go via my subscriptions to post the replies? On Usenet, I can mark messages in my reader and within the retention time of my news server, I can reply to that message later.

Back