• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Pinball Fanatic

USSEnterprise

Experienced Member
Probably even more prevalent that my hobby of collecting old computers is collecting pinball machines. Another expensive hobby, yes, but not as bad as one may think. Thanks to my job, I was able to buy my third last night, a Zaccaria "Combat" electromechanical pinball machine. Looks fun. I know this is a long shot, but any other pinball collectors here?

Well, there is a wannabe pinball collector here ;)

If I had the space and *any* idea where to get such a thing.

Not pinball, but full sized original arcade games:

• Williams Defender
  • Williams Joust
  • Atari BattleZone
  • Atari Asteroids

I've looked into pinball machines, but they require quite a bit of maintenance. Especially machines built before TTL logic was commonplace (around 1985). Those machines are even more intricate, as the timing and much more of the function is driven by a central camshaft mechanism.

What a co-incidence...I used to have Defender & BattleZone, till an ill-timed lightning strike took out both, along with an original Space Invaders. I kinda lost my taste for 'em after that.

--T

Because my camera ain't working, here are some pics I pulled from the net. The first two were on All in the Family at one point or another.

image-1.jpg

Full_View.jpg

image-2.jpg

I've also got an antique (1960) Vendorlator Pepsi Machine, an Air Hocket Table, and maybe soon, an old Rockola Jukebox. There's one on craigslist for $200

Just got the Combat Machine home. It doesn't work. Keeps blowing fuses. Thinking about a possible fourth. Got an email from someone saying they have a Williams Tri Zone for $100. Its one of the solid state electronics ones, but its mostly working, from the repair guide, I'll have to replace a filter capacitor, a few transistors, a few rectifier diodes, and possibly the main CPU (6802). I think I'm getting obsesed. I already have a grand's worth of pinball in my basement. I think I need Pinballs Anonymous.

Back