• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

about to get Netflix

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
The plan is $17 a month for unlimited dvd's as many as can be shipped in a month. Given gas prices and how much we rent anyways, that'll be cheaper than going to the video store anymore. I haven't signed up yet but am about to in the next couple of days.

Anybody go with netflix? Good or bad points? After I have had it for a while I'll tell my experiences.

Nathan

I had it for a while, it's not as good as you think. The DVD's don't arrive in the best condition, & even if you send them back the next day, only 2 arrive per week. Plus, there's already (legal) online services where you can download unlimited movies for a cheaper monthly fee.

Last edited:
Netflix also throttles high-volume users so if you plan on watching a lot of movies expect to be put at the back of the line for the popular/new ones.

That said, I have a couple of friends who work there. ;)

The monthly DVD subscription plans usually aren't that good. I did it one month (as I had a free offer) and over half the disks where either faulty, wrong, or the bonus disk.

Now a legal film download site... THAT would be worthwhile...

I have had Netflix for over a year now with the three out at once plan.. I have only received one movie that I was unable to play the whole way through.. (Transformers: The Movie!) :( I have been happy with the service.

Cheers,

80sFreak

"Jumping to Conclusions..."

"Jumping to Conclusions..."

from the now closed thread... If you haven't seen Officespace already, rent it now!!!! :D There you will learn about the "jump to conclusion mat"!

Cheers,

80sFreak

I thought about getting something like iTunes but I don't have a high speed connection, so downloading *a* movie would take longer than watching it. And it most likely would be corrupt after the download. I wish I had a faster connection to do it.

As far as the price of it goes, $17/month would be less than me going to the video store, even every two or three days. Not that I live that far, but gas is gas. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Thanks for telling me your experiences.

/edit I'm not really wanting to get movies, but TV shows that have been taken to dvd. Stargate SG-1's first eight seasons have been released, and that's what I'm after, heh.

Nathan

Last edited:
I get a lot of the TV shows too.. (But my tastes are The Jeffersons, Three's Company, Married with Children...) ;) But just so you know, every DVD in a set is considered one selection. So if you one season takes up three discs, (and you got the three-at-a-time) you would get all three but have to send one back before you got your next selection in your queue.

Cheers,

80sFreak

Okay, I like it. Not for the deal, I can get the same deal locally but the selection is great for me. Just wanted to follow up, and I give it an "A"

Nathan

Back