following year, some of the earlier folks - Ella fitzgerald &
Frank Sinatra were still producing vinyl, folk was certainally
there with the likes of Joan Baez, Australia's The Seekers,
Peter, Paul & Mary & Bob Dylan who the later would soon
change, The beach was a popular place to be with the Beach
Boys being a popular breed in 1963 with tracks like Little
Deuce Coupe & a handful of other Pop Surf Gems. Some silly
wacko in the mould of Ray Stevens was also there to the serous
Man in Black sizzling away with his Ring of Fire.

1964 - The Britsh Invasion! :-D

1964 - The Britsh Invasion! :-D

Well The Times were a Changin' according to Bob Dylan in 1964 - unfortunately it was to have a huge impact on his little country! Beatlemania was in abundance in 1964 in excess of 10 albums going around that year for that group - then there was the Stones, Yardbirds (for a bit of British Rock 'n Roll Rymthm & Blues), Honeycombs, Kinks, what hope did Dylan, Simon and Garfunkel, Roy Orbison, Marvin Gaye, Joan Baez etc have against this onslaught! :-D Fortunately time seems to be the only cure & many of these early albums are well received regardless of wherever you came from! :-D

CP/M User.

1965 - The Answer!

1965 - The Answer!

Ah now, in 1965 a bit more of the states had a say about this
british caper, sure British Beatles weren't simply going to go
away, though American groups caught onto this pop & even
folked it up a bit with the likes of the Byrds & a Donovan
which seemed to be on the wrong side of the atlantic! :-D
Dylan was booed off stage at a Newport Folk Festival. More
Motown was hitting the scene with the Supremes setting off the
trend in 1964 & the Temptations hitting the scene with numbous
albums in 1965.

1965 were an interesting time for other unknowns to come along
from other groups or from nowhere to sing for themselves, one
such forgotten about performer from this area called himself
Crispian St. Peters to leave with only a couple of hits to
their name! :-D

CP/M User.

1966. Donovan. Season of the Witch. Created a whole different sound that was unique for the era and didn't last much past the era.

He he he, I'm back - lets finish what I started off last August, so I can post again properly! :-D

In 1966 tunes started to make a bit of a change of the Rock side - Psychedelic was slightly in the air with groups like Pink Floyd, Byrds - Fifth Demension, even the Beach Boys - Pets Sounds album would have an impact in the next following years to groups like the Beatles and the Moody Blues.

Of course it all wasn't all psychedelic, folk was also a presence in the form of Folk-rock a more harder presence than the traditional folk - brought to you from groups like Simon and Garfunkel, Joan Baez was still around (of course) and new commer Cat Stevens had a bit of it too! :-D

1967 - Now your smockin' it!

1967 - Now your smockin' it!

Hmmm well. Well Beatles did a bit of it musically I believe not actually, though it can be claimed that others did play around with the Drugs which took a toll on people like Syd Barrett (from Pink Floyd - which RIP a year or so ago) and in later years Eric Clapton would even take some time out.

There was also people like Jimi Hendrix and some other people Groovin' around (unsure to what extent). Scott McKenzie also made a mark with his song about San Francisco - only to disappear (from the charts). Jim Morrison and his Doors of Perception came out with a powerful self-titled album, Moody Blues went Classical with Day's of Futures Passed album (everyone knows Night's in White Satin - perhaps to be a bigger hit in the 70s!), Clapton and Cream were doin' some drug songs and Sunshine of your love and the Byrds were Younger than Yesturday! :-D

1968 - Help! (No not the song! - well maybe)

1968 - Help! (No not the song! - well maybe)

To my knowledge it pretty much follows the same vein as 1967 - Moody Blues perhaps moved towards a more different approach - Day's (as mention above had that Classical bit about it), it was time to Search for the lost chord - which threw in everything but the kitchen sink, lots of people believe this album has dated (out of their first inital 7 albums which are generally regarded as the best) most, however I still love it personally myself and it just goes to show how Pet Sounds made an impact during this period.

Byrds were "goin back" with some changes through their group and also moving styles to a more country approach - which would pave the way for groups like the Eagles in 70s! Beatles were addopting their own Apple label - their first track "Hey Jude" being knocked off the Number 1 spot by the second track released through the Apple label by a new face of folk - Mary Hopkin's the song was "Those were the Day's".

All the other regulars were there - with some new groups/artists appearning too (perhaps I can add to those latter!?).

Okay last one - 1969! Moon-time!

Okay last one - 1969! Moon-time!

Yep - man on the moon, did it happen or not, some skeptics felt this was all done with smoke and mirrors (well not quite! :-D) Heavy Metal seem to be the last stop, of course the regular were there - perhaps not for much longer, though still and others seemed to be still continuing right into the early Eighties (groups like the Who, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and the Moody Blues which perhaps had a small hiatus in the 70s - which led to significant changes to the group in later periods).

Anyway that wraps my little thread for now - perhaps some additions revised "edits" will follow! :-D

Terry Yager wrote:

You're back! I was afraid you'd been carried off by dingoes or sum'n...

Yep I'm back! Don't know for now long - times have changed slightly with me workin' now, I still get a bit of time during the days posting or checking posts at an Enviromental Forum on the internet, I still have acculuated the most posts here though - since I've been here the longest amount of time.

I had an idea sometime back to setup an interesting muscial thread and I just wanted to get this stuff out of the way - while I was only 1965 I wanted to tie the years in with the amount of posts I built-up. Now I've simply hurried it through.

Anyway, looks like spare time has blown you out to 5000 posts! :-D

Back