• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ventrilo Server?

Ummmn, I'm currently unable to take advantage of Vonage, etc, because they require a land-based (i.e. LL) fone line, and I have used cellular exclusively for several yearz now. If a LandLine is required, I won't be able to uze it.

--T

No, it should work fine w/ a decent connection. (56KBps should be fine...)

Anyways, could anyone help me out w/ my PSU problems? I haven't used this computer in about 2 weeks, & now, whenever I try to turn it on, It goes on for a fraction of a second (just enough to move the CPU fan 1-2 revolutions), as if I where exceeding it's power limit or something! I even pulled out my not-working PCI video card & unplugged a fan!

Bad power button? Locate the pins for the power switch, and hold a screw driver across them. Also sounds like something may be shorting out, check all of your connections.

OK, I just plugged the PSU into another mobo I had lying around, & it didn't work! This doesn't make sense, I mean I barely used it! 2 weeks of overall usage tops! Could it be the fuse? (The room does get pretty hot...)

Ventrilo's okay, but I prefer Teamspeak because there are plenty of public servers. We could just pick one, create a channel and set a time to get together (which might be tricky since we're scattered across the planet).

Hey, I might be able to put a vent server on the houses main computer, but I have no control of when that machine goes on or off. (bandwidth probably won't be a problem, I hope... Seeing that the broadcasts are 1-10KBPS...)

OK, the server is up! X.X.X.X [edited due to server going down] is my IP! (the Port is the default 3784)

Please note that the server will go down at around 12AM Pacific time (GMT - 8:00), & go back up whenever I wake up & remember to turn it back on. (noon-ish)

Last edited:
Isn't that the second time you've burned up a PSU? Ever thought about investing in a UPS or nicer Surge Protector?

Hey, at least there wasn't smoke this time! :p

Anyways, I got into a BIG fight last night w/ one of my step-brothers, so chances are I won't be using that computer for a while. Expect another IP soon...

Back