• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Prices, prices...

Luke

Experienced Member
I want to compare some prices of old computers in Poland to prices in US.

So... I'll list some prices form Polish auction service:

- Apple IIe with docs, FDD (big, black) and monitor... 114 USD (I tought that I'll buy it... lol)
- Sharp MZ-800 - 117 USD.
- Laser 310 Color Computer - 44 USD, still in progres, it will go up to ~80 USD, it's not common.
- BBC Mirco - 50 USD... still in progres.
- Atari 400 - 125 USD... still in progres.

I'll update this list if the rest of auctions will end.
Could someone compare these prices to US prices, or just list prices from US?

Remember that those machines in Poland supposedly are PAL and 220V. I think Luke should be able to compare with prices on eBay Germany, the nearest neighbour country. I know people in Sweden sometimes make bargains in Germany, or even UK despite the expensive shipping - it is said shipping to Sweden from US or Canada is cheaper than from UK.

Some systems are switchpower so you just need to find adapters :) (good luck on that)

Or buy a power converter, in some cases its cheaper to have a power convuluter than buy an appropriate system.

I have a couple of systems with options for ~120v to 220v.

The postal system here is terrible. They've also just introduced a new pricing system; Items are now priced by size as well as weight. So a big letter weill cost more to post than a smaller letter :???:

- Apple IIe with docs, FDD (big, black) and monitor... 114 USD (I tought that I'll buy it... lol)
I have 4 Apple computers, 2 IIe and 2 IIc, that I paid around $20 USD for either at thrift stores or flea markets. All of them work perfectly.

HERE is a link to an ended auction for a complete Apple IIe system with 2 drives, a monitor and software for $10 USD.

I agree with everyone else -- I'm going to start selling my computers on eBay in Poland!!

Continue:

- Oric-1, in unknown condition, without power supply, with 6 cassettes - 33 $;
- Atari 400, 126 $;
- BBC Mirco, 53 $;
- Laser 310 Color Computer, 44 $;

The most popular auction service in Poland is allegro.pl, I don't even look at ebay.pl...

Apart from the Atari 400, I don't think the other prices are exaggerated in any way. Even if in untested condition, an unboxed Oric-1 with six cassettes for $33 sounds quite fair.

Continue:

- Oric-1, in unknown condition, without power supply, with 6 cassettes - 33 $;
- Atari 400, 126 $;
- BBC Mirco, 53 $;
- Laser 310 Color Computer, 44 $;

The most popular auction service in Poland is allegro.pl, I don't even look at ebay.pl...

Hell, I just offered an Atari 800, an Atari 400, and an 810 fdd with power supply for $80. Since I have seen 800s go alone for $100 on e-Pay because they're hot with the gaming crowd I don't think that's steep in NA. But $126 for a 400 with it's lousy membrane keyboard does sound somewhat expensive unless you're a fervent collector that wants all the Atari models.

Lawrence

$53~£38 for a BBC Micro
If it was just for a BBC Micro, thats about £10 more than I would pay, but still pretty close. They're hardly rare in Britain though!

Back