• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Classic/Vintage 486 era AT case

EddieDX4

Veteran Member
I know, I'm weird like that... But I just received a decent 486 system I bought off eBay a couple of weeks ago and the packaging sucked so the case was fubar...

Well, the reason I got this specific system, aside from the board, was the case... It was exactly the case I had one of my systems in back in the good ol' 486 days...

Now I'm desperately trying to find an identical one in great condition. I already have a PSU in it so PSU isn't important, and may be easier to ship without (weight...cheaper).

So here's what it looks likes:

486.jpg

The one I had back in the day was a mid tower, the above picture is of a mini tower (like the one I got from eBay that's broken).

Another case that, for some odd reason, I always liked was the one used by Zeos:

zeos_486_1992.jpg

I'm really trying to make my DOS gaming machine assimilate those times as much as possible...

If you have either case style, feel free to post/email me pictures and let me know how much you'd be willing to let it go for. I'd pay full shipping/handling of course.

Thank you! :cool:

Hehe, we had a Zeos system come in a while ago. Early Pentium. Very impressive case but still no match for a hammer and pneumatic drill.

That case actually reminds me of the old beige AS/400 - *that* would be a trippy casemod.

Guess I am not the only one who liked the cases on old ZEOS machines (wish I had one).

I have a couple Enlight AT cases in use for my older machine, they are decent too.

Back