• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hyundai Super 16TE mobo. Dead or not?

aquasonic

hello again. I have a problem with my Super 16TE. It won't boot. Its XT PSU smells like burning so i am not using it at all. I use a AT psu, where i cut P8 2 right wires since the Original PSU didnt use them (however one of the 2 pins exists on mobo). I tried several times to boot it up but only failures. Total hardware 99 has different jumper pinout (mine has 2 jumpers less) so i am not sure if i use right settings. Speaker won't work at all. The only thing that makes me feel mobo works is that if i plug the FDD cable wrong (no.1 to 33 etc) the drive's led will light and the motor will start. But still nothing happens. Also 8088 is starting to heat up very fast in only one spot, under AMD logo. The other is cold. Any suggestions? Hope you can understand what i wrote :lookroun:

Finaly i figured out everything after i got a replacement board from a friend of mine (how lucky is that?). The older user tried to OverClock the motherboard or modify it in some way since there are some soldierd cables and a crystal who don't exist in my new one! The cutting i did at my PSU didn't harm it at all since i am using it with the new motherboard and it works as a charm :D

I only need to find a XT keyboard :D My first IBM clone is workiiiiiing! :D

Back