• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

C116

Close, but no cigar. It is a Plus/4, which belongs to the same series as Commodore 16 and 116. They are uncommon, but not extremely rare unless in very nice condition w/ box (cmp. to what dreddnott fished up from the recycling station). However, the custom audio/video chip tends to break often, and sometimes the CPU as well, so in untested condition without power supply or other leads, it shouldn't be worth too much. Some people looking for a bargain would limit themselves to £5, some would go up to £10-15, maybe a bit more if you already had a flakey unit and hoped this one could be for spares.

The C116 is a model with rubber keyboard a'la ZX Spectrum. It is more uncommon though, as it mainly (only?) was released in Europe, and only in a few countries to that. Yet I have a friend who recently bought two (!) boxed C116 from various eBay auctions, for relatively small money.

I don't know if the auction has been revised or if it was us misreading, but it says Comodore (sic!) C4, not Commodore C64. So the seller knows thinks the model number is C4, which is pretty close to Plus/4. Now that you know that, you can barely read it out from the big picture.

Now, had that been a 264 or 364 prototype (the predecessors that eventually turned out into C16, Plus/4 etc), it would certainly have been valuable. If it had been the 364 prototype with speech synthesis, it would be a top item.

If you were anywhere near Birmingham, that Amstrad CPC464 going for £1.04 with six hours left might be a good buy. The seller is not interested in shipping it. I suppose only local pickup limits the number of bids quite a lot.

Yup, many a good system has gone for less than its value because of pick-up-only

Unfortunately Bimingham is ~100 miles south of me, and I dont think many parents would be willing to drive their kids a 2 hour journey for what is in their eye, a peice of junk, worse luck!

That guy has been selling quite a few Russian computers, mostly spectrum clones. They usually fetch a good price.

Back