• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Silver NEC PC-8201

curtis

Veteran Member
Okay, first off, I'm not the offerer of this item, but thought someone else besides me would be intereseted in this.

It's the quasi-rare silver version of the NEC PC-8201 which was only sold in Japan.

ebay number is 110027446657

Curtis

p.s. If no one else bids, I'm definitely in on it!

I already am going to get chewed out for purchasing one of those PX-8 (NIB) just recently. Curtis, that's a great find on ebay. My mouth is still watering. I don't dare bid on it (see above) :rolleyes:

Guess I got lucky with the current Mrs. McCain. She says she'd rather I bring home an old computer than a dead animal for her to clean, gut and cook!

Oooooo, looks like that Curtis guy purchased that lovely computer. You'll have to tell me how much RAM is really in that thing - from the listing, looks like 16k + 32K but hard to tell.

Hey Curtis, sounds very cool. Please provide the rest of us poor saps with some information on the new acquisition, when it arrives. Some pictures would be nice too.

chuckcmagee, has your PX-8 arrived yet? When it does, let me know if you got a user's manual. All I got with mine was the BASIC reference manual and the command summary.

It's a great little computer though! (the PX-8. I'm sure the NEC PC-8201 is as well, judging by how much I love my Model 10x's).

No questions yet. Doc and I were more or less expecting to get a User's Manual with the unit. Surprising that not included.

Yeah, I got greedy and got it. It should be in soon. As soon as I get it, I'll be more than happy to play, er check it out, and report back.

Also, talked to the seller and it seems he's moving to the Orient and said he'll be on the lookout for the blue model for me. That'd pretty well complete my set of the 8201's. Just need to add a few accessories for a full outfit.

Sorry I haven't posted pics of the little beauty. Been out of town closing out my father's estate, job interviews )(yep, finally retiring from Uncle Sam's Canoe Club), and then threw my back out!

Will try to get some shots taken this weekend and supply the link.

Curtis

Does sound like you have been rushing around, alright. I was just looking to find out the ram on it. Don't really need pics myself. Posting led me to believe it had just 16K ram.

Oh ya, I just purchased a used one on ebay for $30 + $12 shipping. Nice deal I think, with 2 serial cables too. The cables themselves cost almost that much if I go to retail computer places.

RAM in Red PC-8201

RAM in Red PC-8201

I still have the complete set of RAM for my Red PC-8201. The set consists of 2 x 32kB = 64kB of internal RAM. I also have an external cartridge that has an additional 32kB. So when the external cartridge is plugged in, I have a whopping 96kB of RAM in total at my disposal.

The system also includes dot matrix printer, tape cassette storage (no disks of any kind) and all advertising, instruction and technical manuals that were available. Some of these are in Japanese, but I picked up the English equivalents whenever available.

I must dig this system out and see if it still works.

Back