• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I know it has nothing to do in these forums, but...

atari2600a

Veteran Member
The Nintendo Wii will be $250 & be released on November 19!!:p:p:p

It will come w/ an integrated Oprah web browser on-ROM, & some great details about updates to the Nintendo Wifi Connection have been unveiled! (Including an interactive News channel & a weather channel! (Kind of reminds me of what Dish Network has had for +3 years ;)))

More details tomorrow.. (Sep. 14)

EDIT: Forgot to say, Wii Sports will be bundled w/ the console! :p

More EDIT: The Virtual Console games will average $5-10! (More :p)

Last edited:
Hey, Nintendo is targeting you too! (Seriously! :p)

Brain Age was just the tip of the iceberg (It did alot better in Japan than the US sadly...), & now Nintendo is trying hard to target as many people as possible! Nintendogs was targeted more towards the children/female audience, Brain Age towards people above the age of ~35, etc...

Oprah browser?

Oprah browser?

It will come w/ an integrated Oprah web browser

Does that mean one day the size of the browser will be 100MB, then the next day it will be 1MB?
57f4dd2d586b30ffbc1412a5d9214075.gif

Cheers,

80sFreak

Do you really think a PPC compilation of a web browser stripped of everything unnessicary will be 100MB? Trust me, if Nintendo can afford to put 512MB of flash storage into every system, & a free game in every box, they can afford to put a web browser on the same ROM as everything else.

It appears the Oprah/Opera reference goes beyond Atari's head. :twisted:

Besides, I just read on another vintage gaming forum that Wii will not come bundled with any particular game? Or maybe each reseller can choose bundled or non-bundled units at a small price difference, or the bundled game(s) depend on the region?

FWIW, has there been any video/computer games based on these talk shows and lifestyle programs? Maybe the gaming audience is a radically different demographic group than those who watch Oprah, Dr. Phil, Tyra Banks, Martha Stewart etc. Certainly a game directly converted from one of these TV programs could be a total disaster, but if the producer and developers were allowed to think a bit creatively, it could be interesting.

In the case of (former) supermodels like Tyra Banks, Cindy Crawford and all the others, I'm envisioning a fast-paced catwalk action game, maybe targetted for teenage girls to begin with. Quick change of clothes and fix your make-up, get out on the stage and wiggle the controller in a steady pace to get a smooth stride. Push the button to turn around. Each model has her own combos (inspired by the fighting games, but with less blood) and for every successful fashion show, it gets more and more difficult.

Dunno what to do with Dr. Phil though.

I never try and keep up with new consoles, firstly the price. My parents never buy them (I can see why, many an argument stemmed from our PS2) and the fact that if I saved up and made a realtively huge investment, the knowledge that in five years they would obsolete puts me off. However, that doesn't mean I dont play games! I like PCs because they can be upgraded beyond their original lifespan of usefulness and still keep up with new games for longer. I also enjoy playing on my NES and Mega Drive, mainly cheapness, nostalgia and gameplay. Maybe, if the Wii is super duper and all shiny, I may get one a few years from now when their on eBay pretty cheap.;-)

Back