• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Where best to find someone interested in Atari hardware and books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom-the-I.T.-guy

Hi -

I just found this forum last night; perhaps someone can be of some help. I have an Atari 800, which I don't want to throw away, but I don't need to make any money on. I'm looking for someone interested in using it, and I'll give it away if they pay for shipping.

I also have a lot of original Atari literature; about 30 issues of Antic, De Re Atari, and the Assembler user guide. Same story - I'll give these away if somebody pays shipping.

thanks in advance for any suggestions on what to do with this stuff.

Tom P.
:?

Atari

Atari

Hi,

I am interested in the Atari system and Documents.
Where are you located at?

Bobby

dang - too many interests now...

dang - too many interests now...

Well this would have been a lot easier if only ONE person showed interest, but with several public posts and private messages, I don't know how I should determine who to give it to.

First, I guess I should have filled out a profile, because several asked about where I'm located. I'm in St. Louis, MO, ZIP code 63103. Sorry that I left that out. I don't know the exact shipping costs to anywhere because I don't have it packed up for delivery.

So I thought it might help to be more specific about the Atari stuff I have, in case it would help clarify your interests.

Hardware:
Atari 800; 10K ROM module; 16K RAM module; BASIC left cartridge; Assembler Left Cartridge; Tape drive Model 410. Does the computer work? I think so - but I no longer have the video modulator to connect to my TV. It powers up when I turn it on.

Books: (softcover)
Original User Manual; "De Re Atari"; "Assembler Editor" User Manual; "The Atari Assembler"; "Atari BASIC"; "COMPUTE!'S First Book of Atari"; also the Second book and the Third book; "Mapping the Atari"; and "Atari Games & Recreations".

Antic Magazines:
Aug 82; Oct/Nov 82; Dec/Jan 83; Apr 83; Jun 83; Jul 83; Aug 83; Sep 83; Nov 83; Dec 83; Jan 84; Jun 84; Jul 84 (Sorry, thought I had more...)

COMPUTE! Magazines:
Jan 83; Jan 84; Mar 84; Apr 84; May 84; Jun 84; Jul 84; (I bought these because they had articles about Atari)

The literature weighs the most and will cost the most to ship anywhere. Would anyone pay $1 for all this stuff if I put it on ebay? I could do a "Buy It Now" auction so that first one there gets it.

And lastly, to the moderators, I apologize if this isn't the right forum for this kind of discussion.

thanks
Tom P.

Hi -

I just found this forum last night; perhaps someone can be of some help. I have an Atari 800, which I don't want to throw away, but I don't need to make any money on. I'm looking for someone interested in using it, and I'll give it away if they pay for shipping.

I also have a lot of original Atari literature; about 30 issues of Antic, De Re Atari, and the Assembler user guide. Same story - I'll give these away if somebody pays shipping.

thanks in advance for any suggestions on what to do with this stuff.

Tom P.
:?

post it on www.atariage.com

it will be gone within 1 hour

Atari 800 hardware and literature

Atari 800 hardware and literature

I would like to add that I happily sent my Atari 800 hardware to "JellE", the recent poster to this thread. The instructional books all sold on ebay within 24hours , and the magazines are currently up for auction and end on December 3rd. Whatever doesn't sell will be sent to JellE...

thanks very much for the opportunity to post here - it's okay to remove or archive this thread at any time.

Tom P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back