• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My apple II manual project.

apple2fan

Experienced Member
I don't know when I will be able to do this, but I am working on making a website that has a section with scanned manuals.:D I have already gathered all the Info and most of the pictures, just have to do the typing and creating.
The website is going to manly be about Apple II's.

A2Fan - I have a bunch of the original Beagle Brothers manuals.
Scanning them would be an issue, without damaging them.

I gotta see if we have a scan-to-PDF copier at the office,
I tossed my flastbed Epson ES800C SCSI copier in April. That
thing was older than Moses' shoes.

Tony

Most are stapled, but some are spiral-bound, so i may have to photocopy the spirals, and then scan them in.

I dunno - I got like 17 things i wanna do, besides the stuff I gotta ship out to Vlad, Brendan, Terry (z88?), and 2 ebay items.

So man computers, so little time.

Tony

Hey! You found some sight's I didn't find!! Pretty cool.
I have a few manuals they definitely don't have. About 12 manuals that I have are not on the web for sure. There may be more.

Most are stapled, but some are spiral-bound, so i may have to photocopy the spirals, and then scan them in.

I dunno - I got like 17 things i wanna do, besides the stuff I gotta ship out to Vlad, Brendan, Terry (z88?), and 2 ebay items.

So man computers, so little time.

Tony

I'm feeling your heat man! It sucks when you have a lot of work to do and so little time to do It!

Hi,
To Apple2fan, are you also Sir_goul ? As in Ebay and other posts? He is also starting a web page to save the documentation? My freind Byron is more interested in imaging the disks, first.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=sir_ghoul

Take Care,
George

No, I'm not Goul, but I do buy apple II Item's very frequently on eBay.
I have a eBay store for all the apple II card's I'm gonna sell that I don't want or need. A few other thing's too.

Apple2fan and others

Apple2fan and others

Looks like we're working on similar projects. I have a small site I started this month:

www.appleiidocupedia.hobby-site.org

Got a few people interested in helping out, but I think the goal of the site throws a few people.

What do you think??

Apple II Documentation Project

Apple II Documentation Project

Looks pretty interesting, how many people do you have helping you out?

So far, I have 3 people that have offered to do their docs, boxes, disks, etc. There are several more that are interested, and a couple that are sending me images they've used on E-bay for their auctions.

Most ask me what I'm looking for. I answer EVERYTHING!! It's been said that there have been 10,000 different programs written for the Apple II series of computers.

With what I have so far, I have about 9,850 to go. Putting more up on my site before Monday.

For me, the scanning is the easy part. Prepping for the site is the hard part for a couple of reasons:

1): I'm still learning HOW to do this HTML stuff.

2): The site's basic framework is still being worked out.

Anyone want to volunteer to do some of their complete software packages??

John.

www.appleiidocupedia.hobby-site.org

I have access to a duplexing sheet feed scanner. If you want to take the bindings off I can scan around 1200 pages per hour at 600dpi without lifting a finger. Shipping them to Alaska wouldn't be free though. ;)

I have 8 DVDs of Apple II stuff I could send you. I have another 4 of Mac stuff and 1 video DVD.

I can send you these for the cost of media and shipping. Shouldn't be more than $10 or so for the 8 Apple II DVDs.

Grant

To Apple2fan

To Apple2fan

Hi,
Apple2fan
I am sending you a P.M. about Apple II manuals.

Thanks,
George

Last edited:
Cool. I know what T's project is lol.. great effort but very time consuming and I don't think I could gaurantee that I'd get around to it/finish it despite the temptation.

I'll have to check out my Apple II stuff.. I think I found a TOSEC library of their software although one of my hard drives died losing most of my more classic TOSEC collection. Then I was wonderfully banned when I went to reaquire them. Still.. I may still have quite a few gigs of Apple II stuff including scanned manuals that I could maybe see if you all have or need. Honestly though I'm guessing a few of us probably have a lot of the same sets/info but it wouldn't hurt collaborating the efforts.

- John

Back