• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Odds & ends

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
Did anyone here ever find a source for drive belts for a Tandy 1100FD/1110HD floppy drive?

How about the carriers/sockets for the ROMs in TRS-80 Model 100, Epson PX-8, etc?

--T

I cheated on the drive belts. I purchased a beat-up 1100FD and took the working floppy drive out of that. The belt was still in good shape on the beat-up one.

I never did try and find those carrier deals. I just keep my ram drive plugged into the a/c adapter all the time. Less work than swamping those deals in and out.

I have a parts bin drawer full of various sized floppy drive belts, so, if you can tell me the "folded in half" length, I might be able to come up with something for you.

Hello Terry,

Don't know if it was of use, but In chuck's last belt thread, I think I posted a few links to suppliers of cassette & record deck belts. They sometimes work on diameter (of the tube the belt was cut off) so be wary.

P.S. I'm back!, I now have an internet connection, hot water, & lights in the rooms, I still can't find anything, but I'm working on that!

FYI, yep, that last belt thread was all about the 1100FD drive. My folded in half distance was slightly under 4 inches and it was over-stretched. I was going to try say 7"3/4 or maybe 7"4/5. My main problem was going to be the width of the belt, it's 3/16". One that narrow is pretty difficult to come by, pre-made. If I had gone that route, I likely would have had to get out my exact-o blade and hope I could trim the width down on a purchased one.

Well, I just measured one that I have sitting here and it's 14.7 cm (5-3/4") long and 3mm (1/4" wide) [folded flat in half] and I know I have longer ones because we bought an assortment way back when 5-1/4" floppies were the only game in town. They are all brand new although I would give it a once-over with rubber-renew just to refinish the surfaces.

Anyway, if someone needs a drive belt, let me know (it's more accurate in cm/mm) and I'll see what I have in stock.

Druid

Last edited:
Back