• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Look what I won for 99 cents plus S/H. :D

Yeah, must have just forgot to turn it on since everything you'd need to show it working is right there.

Just a simple oversight.

And look, is that our own chuckcmagee bidding on it?

Does appear to be, but I think the last couple of bidders may be sockpuppets attempting to wring a few more $$$ out of chuck.

Oh BTW, good working order doesn't always mean perfect working order. Some of the ones I've bought 'worked' or 'booted', but did not function completely, usually because the battery pack has leaked into the area of the mainboard where the drive controller(s) are located. Some sellers don't seem to know the difference between 'the screen lit up' and 'it booted'...

--T

Our own chuckybaby ain't getting sucked in on that one. I'm getting tired of trying to find working CP2024 drives, hard to come by. Plus, "oh, you need a new battery! That will only be $157.95 please". That kills me where a replacement battery is about 5 or 8 times what I paid for the whole machine.

I'm happy when I see even a prompt on the screen of something I'm bidding on.

I ALWAYS show the unit set up and working, running a program (usually diagnostics) and that used to seem to help with the final value.

I mean, what's the sense of having all the equipment there and then not plug in in and turn it on? It's not rocket science.

If i don't see something working, then, as far as I'm concerned, it ain't.

I can cut some slack if they don't have a required monitor or the computer, if it's a peripheral, but, I'm sure as hell not going to plunk down a lot of cash HOPING that it works.

If I'm selling off a system as parts, I will take pictures of the parts working as a whole and then just box the part that the auction (when I used to sell on e-Bay) concerned.

I've been pretty lucky in that the stuff I've got actually DID work, or I was able to repair it fairly quickly, but, it probably would have gone for more if it had been SHOWN working (if at all possible).

However, this "pig-in-a-poke" stuff keeps on selling and, in some cases, for a good buck.

Well, as P. T. Barnum once said..........

Well, if anyone wants parts from mine... it hasn't been delivered yet, but...

Well, I paid .99 for it plus 9.99 shipping. Guess the guy took it the post office, found it would cost more, shrugged, then decided not to send it to me. :(

Last edited:
NM. It just arrived today, with a power cord adaptor and it works just fine. Good thing I still remembered how to use Desk Mate :D . :D

Postage was 8 bucks... :D

Back