• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

I Am looking for a simple ribbon cable for my laptop

supersPORT

I recently had to trade a load of computer parts to a friend, because I just HAD to have this laptop, the only real thing it needs is a new ribbon cable. Its an :inlove:8088 supersPORT from Zenith:inlove: I just love the thing, its just that until i get the cable for it, I can't turn it on, Its the old version too, no hard drive dual 1 meg floppy drives, and a Real legit microsoft Dos version 3.3 disk. Its in pretty good condition otherwise, sorry, if i got a little to boring but i just lurve it, Its the only thing i have older than the 386 i just rebuilt in the garage.

Its the video ribbon cable, because there are like no othes in the machine.
thatswhatineed.jpg

Last edited:
What is it you need? Sounded like you needed just a a/c adapter to me. Yes/No? Those universal adapters at Radio Shack should do the trick. Specs indicate 12V DC should work. Make sure to get the polarity correct!! Specs tell you that also.

What is it you need? Sounded like you needed just a a/c adapter to me. Yes/No? Those universal adapters at Radio Shack should do the trick. Specs indicate 12V DC should work. Make sure to get the polarity correct!! Specs tell you that also.
the ribbon cabble, as said at the top of the page,
its the one for the video,

Ok, well, same deal. I needed an 8 conductor ribbon cable to fix a laptop mouse. Got a perfect one on ebay. You can order the number of conductors, the spacing between, whether or not they are both "bare" on the same side or opposite sides, all that stuff.

Of course, I'm talking about the totally flat kind of cable where you push them in to make the connection. If it has to have some weird connector on the end, that's a totally different story.

Last edited:
You didn't mention anything about video until your last post! A lot of my laptops will have 3 or 4 ribbon cables in them (mouse, floppy, hard drive, video). Some run to power to the drive thru the ribbon cable, others don't.

You didn't mention anything about video until your last post! A lot of my laptops will have 3 or 4 ribbon cables in them (mouse, floppy, hard drive, video). Some run to power to the drive thru the ribbon cable, others don't.

8088 has no harddrive or mouse, and the floppies are hardwired. there is really only 1 real ribbon cable

No sweat! BTW, your title for this thread is kinda misleading. Nothing simple about that cable at all. As shown in the pic, the ribbon doesn't run straight thru. Both ends are all mixie-matchie.

--T

Plus, with Chuck's *the connection has been reset* weird server problem, almost all the time, I get no images, not even the gif icons on the page. I had no idea that there was a picture of the needed cable. Yep, those things are a bear to find, all my 2003 laptops have those babies. The socket on the motherboard is VERY easy to mess up, with those 2 rows of tiny pins.

Ooooo, he stuck the pic in after the fact, no wonder I had hard time seeing it.

Last edited:
These Zenith laptops are cropping up on ebay all the time and can be had for almost a song, even one off-key!

I've seen some where the shipping was going to be more than the winning bid.

It's an option of Terry can't hook ya up.

Curtis

These Zenith laptops are cropping up on ebay all the time and can be had for almost a song, even one off-key!

I've seen some where the shipping was going to be more than the winning bid.

It's an option of Terry can't hook ya up.

Curtis
honestly, If i can convince my dad to help me set one up, ide be buying ALOT of stuff, I love that laptop. and Really want to use it again. Lol, my school lets you use your laptop to type papers, i'm going to use that, and bring a portable dotmatrix printer, and use that, with all its glorious banshee sheek goodness
:inlove::splat::boom:

Back