• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Still need Zenith Z-Sport 425S AC adapter.

vansrme

Hi all, I've been putting this on the back burner for awhile now, but thought I'd try again. I have a Zenith Z-Sport 425S laptop, and no AC adapter for it. I have tried ebay and googled for it to no avail. Every site on the Google list that would come up, actually did not have the adapter, so I've decided to look for someone who has one laying around. Thanks to all !

chris

If you can find an adapter using the right voltages, you could probably use it. Check under the laptop and by the power conncetor for information on it's voltage intake, and if you don't have an extra adapter that can put out that amount, go to your local hardware store and pickup a universal adapter. I used to have a Zenith Z-sport, but I gave the thing away for free with a computer on eBay. I think that it takes a 12V line, but i'm not positive. I had mine hooked to a universal plug.

--Ryan

Chris (vansrme) is already searching all over Internet for this adapter. Elsewhere he has mentioned that it has a non-standard connector and should output 14V, although the NiMH battery is said to be 9.6-9.8V. If it is virtually unheard of in modern times, my advice is to put the laptop on the shelf.

Anyway, here is supposedly an AC adapter for the Z-Sport 420S:

http://www.partstore.com/sl/2/11511...54-zenith-z-sport-420s-ac-adapter-239454.html

Since the batteries seem to be the same between models 325S, 420S and 425S, it could be interesting to know if the AC adapter is too.

UNCLE UNCLE (pounds the mat).

My eyes hurt. I even tried dogpile.com as the search engine. Nothing! I found this Chris guy, over and over, with ads saying he was looking for a ac adapter, but that's about it. Nothing as far as specs go.

Indeed! One place wants to give you a 60% discount if you can tell them about this adapter.

Hey, Yahoo claims to have improved their search engine. THEY HAVE! It found 6 ads by Chris looking for the adapter, instead of 4 or 5. It did seem to do a better job than google at finding items related to the computer I was looking for, instead of everything in the world that has those 5 words in it.

Indeed yes, I have posted ads in several places for this AC adapter, thought maybe this would help get the word out there some more to people who may have this piece lying around and not know someone needed it. This laptop is a piece of history to me, and I'd like to find a way to get it working to see whats on it , if nothing else, maybe install Windows 3.1 on it.

chris

I'd say this is the hardest item I have ever tried to find. I had hoped to find someone who may have an old one laying around that they'd like to get rid of. I'll keep trying, who knows, maybe one day I'll get lucky!

chris

What prices though! They might be justified in some cases, but not for most of us general hobbiests. He seems to have the screen I need for the SlimSPORT 286, but there's no way I could give $65.00 for one to put into a computer that might be worth $50 if complete and running.

--T

That looks like a 4-pin DIN? Round indeed, but not entirely uncommon type of connector. Of course, if there is no pinout of the connector, it would make it hard to manufacture a replacement.

Terry,
Thanks for that link, even tho I didnt log in when you first posted it to see it, I still managed to get off an email to the seller with time left. If this works out, I'll be tickled to death! LOL Thanks again!

chris

Hi again all, Nathan Allen thinks he may have this adapter I need, so I'm going to get it and see . I'd appreciate it if anyone finds one, or hears of one, if they'd let me know anyway until I find out if this is the one I need. Thanks!

chris

If the adapter is like the one in that link up there, it isn't the right one. Sorry to disappoint. I will still send it out when it dig it back up, if you still want to try.

Nathan

I'd still like to try it Nathan , who knows, it may be just the one! I did send you my zip code for a shipping quote didnt I?

chris

Back