• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I need advice please help.

coldxtc

I need some advice on what i should do with my computer, for xmas i may be getting a new one but in the case that i dont what is recommended for me to achieve a fast gaming computer. I know i'm going to need some more RAM than this 256MB i have atm. But The graphix card's memory is like 64MB so it is very bad. Anyone have some ideas on some cheap good quality gfx cards with a lot of gfx memory in it i could buy and use for gaming?

Assuming you're not one of those "OMG, I'm so clever" spammers, the answer is there is no answer. Nobody here is psychic, so we can't tell you anything about your computer without knowing more details about it.

--T

Furthermore, this forum does not cover bleeding edge computer gaming. Anything newer than ten years is certainly off-topic by all standards, and some would stretch it to 15 years. Thus, you would get more helpful responses somewhere else. (Unless the follow-up spammer arrives in two days, that is.)

However, I know as much as the formula cheap + good quality + lot of memory usually doesn't compute. Try cheap + adequate value for money + sufficient memory.

Hmmm... an eerie voice in my head told me to log in here and check this topic...

An obvious paradox; for Terry to know that nobody here is psychic, he himself must be psychic... How'd you miss that, Chuck?

Hmmm, isn't this The Vintage Computer Forums > Completely off Topic > General Off Topic >

and the person is off topic? So what gives? If you are in the off topic area and you are off topic, oh wait I get it, you are supposed to talk about Vintage computers, yip definitely Pshyco!

I believe the word you people are ACTUALLY looking for here is PSYCHO :)

My former (voluntary) position at Genesee County Community Mental Health was 'PsychoTerry' cause I performed some minor clerical duties, data entry, taking minutes at meetings, etc. One of my main functions was translating all these highly-educated people's writings into good ol' English that real people could understand. I'm well-versed in psychobabble, double-speak, newspeak, polit-speak and various other methods of disseminating propaganda. I cracked up a meeting once when I told the Director that somewhere down into the middle of he paper, she got the Holy Ghost and started typing in tongues. AFAIK, the term is still in common use there.

--T

I predict that everybody, even the moderators, will have noticed some edits I've made!

How old should a gaming computer be to be ON-topic
(I also predict that someone with very little experience will reply.)

Hah. More like which external graphics accelerator should you install into your vintage Amiga 2000/3000. Or for that matter, I suppose the Apple II also had optional video cards?

Back