• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM Model M Trade?

Vlad

I love mine and have several. I have one hooked up to my very non vintage daily workstation but the beige is starting to get on my nerves. Everything else is black and its a little distracting at times. Anyone want to trade a black Model M for a beige one?

So, just to make sure, your computer is black, your Model M is beige, correct?

And you want a black Model M, and are willing to send a beige one to someone in exchange for their black one?

I don't think black Model Ms are very common, likely to be home-modded/painted ones.

I love mine and have several. I have one hooked up to my very non vintage daily workstation but the beige is starting to get on my nerves. Everything else is black and its a little distracting at times. Anyone want to trade a black Model M for a beige one?

Ahhhaa, here I am typing on my IBM Trackpoint II keyboard - Exactly the same as a Model M, but with the 'eraserhead' and below the spacebar, the two buttons. There is a PS/2 mouse connector, even though I also run (and mainly use) an IBM optical mouse. Oh, did I say it is in factory black?

I have no issues what so ever at the moment with my '88 but its only a matter of time before PS/2 is no longer used on modern motherboards. The one I have now has no serial ports at all. Just USB and PS/2. I believe I've come across that page before in the past VIA Google.

Back