• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I need help in keyboard contest

lordvico

Hello!

I need Your help in a keyboard recognizing quiz.

There are some kb that about i have no idea:

maybe this is some kind of portable stuff..
03.jpg

07.jpg

13.jpg

Any ideas?

Hmm... The middle one could be anything. I would guess it to be a standard XT-compatable keyboard. You could guess it as an AT&T 6300 keboard, as the keyboards I have for mine have no notch/bump on the "F" or "J" keys, and the one in the pic doesn't either. That one is almost for sure. Now for guessing, I could guess the last one is an ultra-mini keyboard. As for the first, it is probably to one of the computers similar to a SpectraVideo or Commodore. But only take my word for the middle one.

--Ryan

The last one would seem to be a Spectravideo SV-328.

A topical image considering other posts at the moment :)

The last one would seem to be a Spectravideo SV-328.

A topical image considering other posts at the moment :)

Tezza, bingo with Spectravideo SV-328! I google it for picture, as I've never seen this machine.

The second is something Atari-like stuff. I have big problem with the first one.

That second one is also going to be hard. Unless there is something about the way the keys are offset from one another which is telling, it just looks like your bog-standard PC keyboard to me.

The first one's tough. I thought at first Mattel Aquarius or one of the Panasonic models, but I don't think so.

A few of Sinclair ZX-81's came out with rubber raised keys (rare), but I THINK these were orange not blue.

The top one looks like a Mattel Intellivision Enhanced Computer System (ECS) keyboard. The American ones in my collection match the styling of the whitish Intellivision II, but I believe the European/Aussie ones had that brownish background as shown in that photo.

The second one is definitely an Atari system, probably some ST model. The third is also definitely a Spectravideo keyboard, most likely either the 328 or 728.

A few of Sinclair ZX-81's came out with rubber raised keys (rare), but I THINK these were orange not blue.

It's not a zx81, every key as about 3-5 different functions, and they're grey, black and red on the standard model. I have heard tell of the mythical rubber keyed ones but never seen them.

It's not a zx81, every key as about 3-5 different functions, and they're grey, black and red on the standard model. I have heard tell of the mythical rubber keyed ones but never seen them.

They do exist. One came up on our national auction site a few months ago. It was definitely a ZX-81 (it said so on the case) but the keys were rubber, and were a pale orange colour if my memory serves me correct.

I'd never seen anything like it. I scoured the web to try and find if there were varients of the ZX-81 that were suppose to look like this, but I couldn't find anything. I decided it was either a rare undocumented varient, or a third-party modification.

I wish I had bidded competitively for it now. It went for about $40 US, which seemed to be outrageous but now I realise is actually quite reasonable given that I've seen a few normal ZX-81s go for more than that.

The unit was being sold as part of an estate. The sellers knew little about it.

The top one looks like a Mattel Intellivision Enhanced Computer System (ECS) keyboard. The American ones in my collection match the styling of the whitish Intellivision II, but I believe the European/Aussie ones had that brownish background as shown in that photo.

The second one is definitely an Atari system, probably some ST model. The third is also definitely a Spectravideo keyboard, most likely either the 328 or 728.

I have searched some pic of Intellivision, but unfortunately not an exact match.

On Intellivision, 2nd functions of numeric keys are shown in the top middle of the buttons. On my unknown one, aligned top right. And it seems to me that these rubber buttons are really small.

My closest find Husky Hawk:

Husky_Hawk_System_1.jpg

I thought the first one was a Multitech MPF-II, but obviously not. Neither is a Grundy NewBrain. The keys are unusually square, and they look familiar but I can't place it.

Thanks guys, you are great :p

Well, for the first one with rubber button. There is Nothing similar on old-computers.com museum.

On the contest, I have 12 keyboard reckognized, only 2 left, the little rubber thing, and this:

09.jpg

The first one's tough. I thought at first Mattel Aquarius or one of the Panasonic models, but I don't think so....

Okay, i ve found this picture:

139100-aquarius.jpg

So that rubber thing is definitely an Aquarius.

Maybe my picture was taken with flash, so colors are misleading.

Thank you Tezza and Paul! :biggrin:

Do you have idea for the last one with green numbers?

The last one is something French, due to the AZERTY layout and that numbers are on the shifted row. What it is or whether it is domestic or imported, localized computer I can't tell.

Edit: Bingo! Thomson TO9. If you win something, you'll have to share it with the VCF community. ;-)

Last edited:
The last one is something French, due to the AZERTY layout and that numbers are on the shifted row. What it is or whether it is domestic or imported, localized computer I can't tell.

Edit: Bingo! Thomson TO9. If you win something, you'll have to share it with the VCF community. ;-)

Carlsson great find, I would never find this one. Thanx.:sigh:

About the prizes: Spectrum +2A, Amiga 500, and retro boxed softwares, on a hungarian retro portal.

I will post my result :roll:

Back