• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ampro LittleBoard...

geneb

Veteran Member
I've put up documentation for my Ampro LittleBoard on retroarchive.org.

Source code from the system will follow. Neat goodies like BIOS, CBIOS and tool sources.

g.

Shark, the schematics are in the book and when I get the sources posted, there's nothing keeping you from scratch building one. :)

g.

Sometimes it's just easier...

take, for example, an adapter to use 50-pin 8" drives on a 34-pin PC-style interface. Yeah, there's web pages, schematics, drawings...

I thought it was 10 times easier, to email dbits.com, and just order one for $40 shipped

:shiver::machinegun:

T

Building a computer from scratch is an insanely fun thing to do. I'm in the early stages of teaching myself how and it's been a hell of a good learning experience so far. I don't know that I'll ever get to the "building" part, but I'll have learned a lot more about how computers work a the chip level than I ever did before.

It's actually a lot like programming. Glue logic parts are a lot like the if(...) constructs used in programming.

g.

Sometimes it's just easier...

take, for example, an adapter to use 50-pin 8" drives on a 34-pin PC-style interface. Yeah, there's web pages, schematics, drawings...

I thought it was 10 times easier, to email dbits.com, and just order one for $40 shipped

:shiver::machinegun:

T

-----------
Well, considering the number of subtle differences among 8" drives and the 34-pin "standard" you may well end up consulting those schematics & drawings anyway...

mike

Building a computer from scratch is an insanely fun thing to do. I'm in the early stages of teaching myself how and it's been a hell of a good learning experience so far. I don't know that I'll ever get to the "building" part, but I'll have learned a lot more about how computers work a the chip level than I ever did before.

It's actually a lot like programming. Glue logic parts are a lot like the if(...) constructs used in programming.

g.

-------------
Yeah, the paradigm is different but the logic & thought processes are pretty equivalent. You're going the other way, but I don't have much patience with the folks who moan & bitch about "kids today" not knowing how to "build" things. Soldering iron or keyboard depending on your talents, not much difference; it's the learning and creative process that counts and there's no shortage of creative ideas & projects out there, although these days anything complex usually has to involve more software than hardware.

mike

Back