• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mac Plus keyboard and cable

kb2syd

Veteran Member
I need one if anyone has one. I would need it shipped to New Jersey, or pick up locally.

Let me know by PM how much $$ to get one to me.

Thanks,
Kelly

Nope. The SE used ADB. The plus used a 4 pin interface that was never given a name (that I can find).

Ok, if I can find it, I'll get the model number off it and let you know. I'm not sure it's from the SE, but, it's a lot smaller that the other Mac keyboards I have.

Ok, I found the keyboard and cable (4 pin mini-din) and the keyboard is a model M0116. It might actually have been off a Color Classic that I gave to someone (they already had a keyboard for it).

I know it works because I used it on the one of the computers to test it out (testing and getting the stuff in my Mac Stack on my site is pretty low on the list considering what I'll probably get for them)

Nope, probably won't work. The mac plus used a phone jack (RJ-11) type keyboard. They even differed electrically as far as I can tell.

I have a keyboard that came from a Mac, not sure if it was a plus though.
Has a rj11 connector and model number is M0110A. It also has a sticker on it which says "International". Let me know if you are interested.

I wish the rj11 had been mentioned, I found an ADB keyboard that looks a lot like a standard IBM keyboard thinking of kb2syd's asking. Ah well, one more keyboard won't hurt. Now I know what he's looking for, I can keep a better eye out.

Nathan

The Macintosh line has had exactly three (physical) keyboard interfaces.

Otherwise unnamed "Macintosh Keyboard": the RJ-11 jack on the front of the computer, used from the original Macintosh through the Mac Plus.

Apple Desktop Bus: mini-DIN 4 low-speed serial bus used almost exclusively for input devices. Used from the Macintosh II and SE release through the Power Mac G3. (The Apple IIgs had this connection before the Macintosh did, though.)

USB: From the iMac on, it's all USB. (The "Blue and White" Power Mac G3 came with the same USB keyboard and mouse as the iMac, but retained its ADB connection as well, this port went away for good with the Power Mac G4.)

Then there's Bluetooth.

Oh, and if you need one desperately, regardless of condition, I have one with a few keys that have been broken off that I could send you for just the cost of shipping. (A proper Mac Plus keyboard, I mean.)

Back