• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM monitor ident

I don't know for sure...maybe a terminal?

But I wouldn't trust the people. Not only are they waaay too expensive, the classified a proprietary AT&T 6300 monitor as a standard IBM monitor in TWO of their listings. Not only that, but they say you get one of two monitors. So one person who needs an IBM monitor may get an AT&T one, and someone needing the proprietary AT&T monitor may get a useless IBM one!'

--Ryan

Terminals tend to be one unit in of themselves, not separate like that. The connector doesn't look big enough to be a DB-25 but it could just be a strange perspective in the pic. It looks like the bottom sticker says Model 00-D but that doesn't help any. Also if you noticed in the bottom pic, top left looks like a good chunk has been broken off. Might want to think about waiting for something in better condition to come along.

-VK

My guess is a Displaywriter monitor...
I have a Displaywriter. The plug on the monitor is a DB15. There is a sticker on my Displaywriter monitor in roughly the same position as shown in the second picture. It has the same basic format, with the model number shown as "00 1"

But there are differences between my Displaywriter monitor and the monitor in the pictures:
1. The 'identification number' is very different to that shown.
2. The Displaywriter monitor has an entirely different base (as seen at http://www.obsoletecomputermuseum.org/displayw/)

Back