• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM PGC graphics card

flavio75

Does anyone know where to find an IBM PGC (Professional Graphics Controller) video card ? I decided I want one for my XT :)

The PGC was a highly advanced graphics card in its day, which contained its own dedicated 8088 CPU. I think its cost was way more than $1000 back in the '80s, and was capable of displaying 256 colors simultaneously out of 4096 palette. It was CGA compatible too.

If anyone has any idea where to get one, send me a message or post here! Thanks everyone :)

Does anyone know where to find an IBM PGC (Professional Graphics Controller) video card ? I decided I want one for my XT :)

The PGC was a highly advanced graphics card in its day, which contained its own dedicated 8088 CPU. I think its cost was way more than $1000 back in the '80s, and was capable of displaying 256 colors simultaneously out of 4096 palette. It was CGA compatible too.

If anyone has any idea where to get one, send me a message or post here! Thanks everyone :)

'Cards', as in more than one (full-length). You would also then need the rare monitor too. Makes me sad when I didn't inquire about the monitor seen some 20 years back at a salvage place, when I now have the adapter.

I read somewhere that it does work with a regular VGA monitor, if you have a 9-pin to 15-pin adapter... does anyone know if this is true ?

Also, how much do you think one of these cards is worth now ?

I read somewhere that it does work with a regular VGA monitor, if you have a 9-pin to 15-pin adapter... does anyone know if this is true ?

Depends. Mine worked (by use of an adaptor) on a Samsung Syncmaster 500s plus, but didn't produce a stable picture on an Amstrad PC12MD.

[Edited to correct the name of the Amstrad monitor. 12" mono VGA, anyway.]

Last edited:
For the most part I see them for sale around 90-175 $ U.S. A few weeks ago there was one on ebay for about $25 plus shipping. I would try the code micro site: http://www.codemicro.com/. Though they are not cheap.

Cool... I know this is unlikely, but do you have a link to that auction anyway ? I'd be curious to see it. Was that a buy-it-now price or just a starting bid ? Thanks :)

And thanks for the info about the monitor, JohnElliott :) I'll try to figure out if it works with mine.

Thanks Mikey99 :) Very interesting. Unfortunately, also a bit too expensive for me currently, LOL... though that might be because that one is brand new. Anyway, it definitely looks cool!

Xt Vga Card

Xt Vga Card

Your Wanting To Find A Pga Card For A Xt Is Sort Of Going Backwards The Pga Displays 64 Colors, The First Nec Multisync 1 Was The First Monitor To Display Mono, Cga, Ega, Or Pga In Fact The Pga Setting Is Used For Vga On This Monitor. I Sell Items On Ebay And I Have A Number Of Xt 8 Bit Isa Vga Cards. I Also Have 16 Bit Isa That I Have Tested On A Juko Xt Motherboard That Will Run On A Xt As Well As On A 16 Bit Isa Bus. Check Out Ebay Listing 220191117874 For Example In My Ebay Store I Have Others Listed

Hi

Hi

I have a bunch of older xt's , 286 and 386 I will check for the card for you.
If I have one , I will either give it you or trade for something.

Back