• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Philips P3120

JoJo_ReloadeD

Experienced Member
I've just given this computer. It's a XT clone, with a 8088 at 10mhz with.. 768k of ram!

Does anybody have some more info about it? Google only shows up two pages, one in polish that says this (once translated, of course):

http://www.pckurier.pl/archiwum/artykuly/mitko_krzysztof/zrobumb/ said:
As I will serve interesting detail else, that I have made memory to similar manner in computer PHILIPS class ( UMB P3120 XT! Have at 128 -KB OF additional memory ) D000. And too act < gun > < happen > superbly. PS.

I will add else, that it is possible to realize (to accomplish) program for this plate (disc) by (through) I in last year also fitting polish letter manner described. This time case is simplest (simplest) access to is opened after hold-down of above-mentioned program - already VIDEOBIOS-u, so, then, nothing stands on barrier in copying to manner new table token ( 9/92 doń PCQ and far ) described. It will suffice (will enough) to omit fragments of codes adjusted label (etiquette) _ źródłowego SHADOW RW and _ district council SHADOW.

Any clues? :)

I second that!

I need to know how to put in the right settings for the VGA output to work.
Please anyone :D

Here you have, mine is configured to vga:

hpim3540mu6.jpg

All switches are on, except 6, that is off.

I have a Philips P3105. It also has the 128k extra useable memory.
I'm using a NEC Multisync II to run VGA on it. IIRC it used an 8086 tho. I got that from "Snooper" and without actually examining it's processor. Snooper has been wrong before and it could also be wrong here.

Lawrence

Possible resource - Philips XT Computers

Possible resource - Philips XT Computers

The little I know about the P3120 was that it was the last of the XT series for Philips. I had my chance to get one of those at a liquidation sale of a distributor of Philips computers - circa 1992!

Visit the following pages - http://Home.iae.nl/users/pb0aia/cm/garage.html

This gentleman (Kress) has helped me identifying an odd Philips XT motherboard. He may have the answer(s) to the question(s) you have.

Back