• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Sharkonwheels' auctions

Nice set.

If I lived in the US, I'd be bidding on the Kaypro's right now. :)

I'd be even tempted to try for a spare Osborne!

Good luck with the auction.

Tez

Nice set.

If I lived in the US, I'd be bidding on the Kaypro's right now. :)
Tez

Hmmm.....maybe I'm not making it obvious enough, that it's not a kaypro, but a TurboROM upgrade kit, including the ROM, pre-loaded hard disk, Kaypro 8-disk reload set, and TurboROM utilities disk.

When you see the listing, you think it's for a Kaypro?

Maybe I need to make changes....

T

I did think it was a Kaypro, but I just glanced at it quickly as I grabbed a quick coffee at work.

I think your auctions are quite clear, it is just that on one of the small pictures you show a keyboard and a monitor, which may mislead someone to think those are included although not stated anywhere in the text. :)

No - it actually SAYS in the text that the computer is not inluded!
I figured the first 1 or 2 paragraphs would've removed all confusion:

"Now, ya got that nice, pretty, neat Kaypro 10. You lovingly unpack it, set it up, plug it all in, turn it on - OOPS! DEAD HARD DISK!
Can't reload it, K10FMT gives errors....what ARE you going to do....

Well, here you go...This is a complete, plug-and-play upgrade kit for your Kaypro 10! No software to load, no BIOS hacking.
The long, hard work has ALREADY been done for you!'

There's also the following sentence:

"NOTE: The Kaypro 10 in the first picture is NOT included - you get the Hard disk, the EPROM, 8-disk reload set, modified disk #1 for reload set, and a bootable TurboROM Utility Disk"

mebbe I need to make it BIGGER and maybe BOLD AND BIGGER

T

I think your auctions are quite clear, it is just that on one of the small pictures you show a keyboard and a monitor, which may mislead someone to think those are included although not stated anywhere in the text. :)

Yea, this is what mislead me. I just glanced at the picture (which showed what appeared to be a Kaypro) and didn't read the text properly.

As I said, I was in a bit of hurry so I might not have been the typical browser. Some bold in the text might help though, to really make it obvious.

Tez

Put up a few Kaypro items...
also put up a relatively rare NEC PC-8241A CRT adapter for the PC-8201a, and a Kyocera KC85.

The PC-8241A I bought on impulse, and was put on a shelf in the closet, so it's kinda' pointless to keep it.

The KC85 is also pointless to keep, as I have a few M100's, M102's and PC-8201a's already.

Links:

KC85:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220228145873&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012

NEC PC-8241A CRT Adapter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220228147034&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012

T

hey, where did you get the SCRG Switch-a-slot from? Ive heard of these things and that there were only 70 made.:!:

Last edited:
I'd be REALLY surprised if only 70 were made - those were advertised in Apple II and non Apple II magazines for YEARS!

Where did you get that info from? Just curious?

T

I'd be REALLY surprised if only 70 were made - those were advertised in Apple II and non Apple II magazines for YEARS!

Where did you get that info from? Just curious?

T

A web sight implied this, saying 70 to 150 were made. i guess you really shouldn't believe everything you read!:) It was almost EXACTLY the same as yours, but called Expand 'O' Slot. I wonder how many were really made.

Ahh, well, that may be a different one.
SCRG advertised these Switch-A-Slot for years. Now, that doesn;t mean a billion were made.

Thing is, you don't see them around much any more, and near as I can tell, the one I listed doesn't look like it was ever used at ALL! It still has teh carboard protector on the cable-connector, there's no markings or adhesive residue on the front control panel, rotary switch is tight and notchy like a new switch should be, and it generally looks pretty darned good!

T

Oh - was also thinking of throwing up my last RAMFast card+4MB RAM card (0MB installed - NIB) RAMFast has the 3.01f ROM, and includes cable...

Still debating it, as I unloaded all my other cards - Sequential Second-Sight VGA card, ZipGSX, and another RAMFast...this is the last Apple II SCSI card I have...

T

Ahh, well, that may be a different one.
SCRG advertised these Switch-A-Slot for years. Now, that doesn;t mean a billion were made.

Thing is, you don't see them around much any more, and near as I can tell, the one I listed doesn't look like it was ever used at ALL! It still has teh carboard protector on the cable-connector, there's no markings or adhesive residue on the front control panel, rotary switch is tight and notchy like a new switch should be, and it generally looks pretty darned good!

T

That does sound brand new! heck, i hardly ever if at all see the cardboard strip still on the card slot! Want to hear something funny? i was thinking about bidding on it before i ever even saw this post! Aw, ill probably get snipped at the last minute though! lol. Things like that usually bring in a good amount of money.

Last edited:
Yeah - but, ya never know. I dunno - I don't know what to expect from it.

the Scond Sight VGA card for the GS I sold a few months back, now THAT surprised me. Went for nearly $600 as I recall!

T

Yeah - but, ya never know. I dunno - I don't know what to expect from it.

the Scond Sight VGA card for the GS I sold a few months back, now THAT surprised me. Went for nearly $600 as I recall!

T

It was just a VGA card?! hu. Well u should here the story about me buying my apple II. The guy lived close by so i went and picked it up. I bought it for $485, pretty good if you ask me. The guy was bewildered. he asked me if i was crazy! Just the night before i got out bid for $1,330 for a II in the original box. Guy told that he got it for $7 bucks at a garage sale and he had no clue it would sell for that much! Wish I got it for that cheap.

Well, not JUST a VGA card - the ONLY VGA card made for the Apple IIgs, and only a couple hundred were made, from what I gather. Guy in France bought it.

Google Sequential Systems Second Sight and see if you find some links...
It was neat. You could use your original IIgs monitor, and upgrade to VGA later, or straight to VGA - had both outputs on the card.

T

Even the generic Apple SCSI cards seem to have gone up in value, or is it just that the dollar is going lower and europeans are snapping up deals with a good currency conversion.

Back