• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Additions to my collection

1) Yeah, mine has 22 slots also. So just how many S-100 cards are/were in it?
2) You've pulled 6. Are there more cards still in the enclosure? Yes, I'm interested in the 5 you offer. Still with all ICs in them? I'll offer $5/card for as many as you want to sell.
3) If there were only 6 total, someone has taken cards out. The minimum it came with was 9. The other possibilities are 13 and 21 total. I'll take the ribbon cable with connectors for another $5. Do not want the rest.

It was a surplus store, so of course it is possible someone could have taken things out long before then. I haven't taken any of the chips or other compenents out and I can sell you that connector which still has its ribbon cable. Your offer is good.

What was the total S-100 card count when you opened it up?

Well my mistake I thought there were only 6, but we actually 9, 8 of which I am willing to sell for your given per card rate. Each card seems to be intact. If you would rather trade parts on the other hand that would also be acceptable.

Original offer raised.

Original offer raised.

Thank you. That makes more sense. Nine S-100 cards was one option sold by Brookhaven and suggests the machine as you bought it was intact and maybe fully functional. I still stand by my original offer and will raise it in fact (since you've told me more) to $250 for the whole, intact, BI2030AT, plus shipping. Why won't the 2030 the store has (for $30) suit your purposes just as well as the 2030AT??

I have a 2030 also and it has the same S-100 main-board and power supply as the 20390AT. Mine has 22 S-100 cards. Every slot is filled. The ICs on the 2030 cards are similar to the ones in the 2030AT. In addition, I think the 2030 has cards that the 2030AT does not. For example video and printer output, CPU and RAM. I'm not totally sure of this since I'm not an expert in this area, but I think those features are in the 2030.

What do you think?

Ok then I will purchase the 2030 and see if it has what I need and more. If it does, then i will accept your offer for the 2030AT. I will update in you when we do aquire one, hopefully sometime this week depending on if my team member is willing to drive up to that store.

Sorry I almost forgot to tell you, technically the 2030AT would not be 100% intact but almost. About 5 or 6 of the 10 line ribbon cables were cannibalized in the process. Basically before you made the offer, we started looking at what could be used. Ends were snipped off of just those and nothing else. Are you still interested?

As far as part from the 2030 we are just looking for bus controllers, interface chips, anything that would help us make an interface between the s-100 and a modern serial port like the RS-232.

Missing ribbon cables minor problem, but not too serious. I can make more.
If the bus interface card is all you need, why don't we go back to previous offer of just the cards. The S-100 interface card is the one that connects to the big ribbon cable. In my 2030AT it's the board closest to the rear. It's a printed circuit card in mine. The only one in the box ( other than the little ones mounted on the bottom). I do not need that one. Mine is tested and works OK. So keep yours and the S-100 main-board, power supply, etc.
A similar bus controller is in the 2030, but that one is slightly different because (this is a guess) it is interfacing to the 8" floppy drive, whereas the 2030AT board is interfacing to a PC.
Therefore, how about $5/board X 8 boards, with all chips = $40 + shipping? The $250 + shipping a heavy box would be a real pinch for me. Save yourself a trip back to the store.

Sound like a good offer. I am not sure which card you are talking about, the only one we were interested in cannibalizing was a wirewrapped one that had a connector like all the others, but was more like the perfer board you find in RS with predrilled holes. The others we are willing to sell.

Yours must be a little different from mine. All my cards are like the one you described that you want to keep. Pre-drilled holes with wire-wrap pins and components soldered to the pins. Wire-wrapped on the back. I'll just see what I get.
The one card I'm most interested in is the one with two soldered wires that go to BNC connectors on the rear of the box. Do you have that one?

Um what are the BNC connectors? I see what look like some twisted version of a coaxial like connectors. I think most of them are wirewraped, but slightly varying from the one I described.
If you have any empty cards that are nothing but holes and the card edge for connecting to the bus, those would be a good trade rather than money. Just an idea.

There are two BNC connectors on the rear, labeled "A" and "B". Yes, it's a
very small coaxial cable that connects the inside of each BNC connector to
one card inside the correlator. Two small coaxial cables total to same card. This is the card I'm most interested in. Don't cut the coaxial cables.
The BNC connectors are the standard kind for connecting coaxial cable input.
Round, about 3/8" diameter, metal outside with a single, small, Teflon or
white plastic female socket in the center.

I do not have any empty S-100 cards. The ones in the 2030 are the kind of
card you are looking for, but you would have to pull out all the mounting
pins and sockets that are plugged into the card. And cut off all the
wire-wrap.Then you have an empty card of nothing but holes with the edge
connector for the bus.

I am sorry to disapoint you perl glo, but my team is going to need the chips in those cards for our project development. I do apprecienate the offer and it was tempting, but on second thought I know that we are going to need more resources and will probably need the parts of the 2030AT and the 2030. I did enojoy our chat and learning a little bit aboiut the machines, but ultimatly we are just making a new machine extention to the PC of our own. ttyl

Thanks for the update. Yes, I'm disappointed, but that's the way it goes. Will you be needing the empty cards once you remove the ICs? I might have a need for those.

I probably will need maybe two of them from the 2030AT so that the interface we are building can connect to the computer and for a card to demonstrate that we can use our system to connect to a labrotory. lol

the cake is a lie

Back