• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My small collection of PC's and a few unix boxes

paul

Veteran Member
I haven't posted or even visited here in a long time, but the board seems to have picked up a bit since then. So, just for the record here's my collection as it stands:

* IBM PC and IBM AT
* Screenshots of GeoWorks, an early PC GUI
* My experiences with DOS-based AutoCAD for Mechanical Design
* UNIX workstation collection: HP 735, DECstation, Sun IPC, Sun Ultra1

http://paulaxford.com/computer_collection/index.htm

Hi Paul,

Good to see a fellow NZ'der on here. I've just had an enjoyable browse through your site. Nice IBMs.

I hope to own an original AT one of these days too.

Tez

Well, I had to prune down my collection for shipping here and that resulted in having to donate a type-1 AT in perfect condition to a small museum in Orange County, CA. Wish I had kept it now. It's always handy to have two to help with troubleshooting.

I'm just glad 10 years ago I had the foresight to start collecting these things while they were still available. Now these have become my pride and joy.

Every once in a while an IBM shows up on TradeMe but of course physical condition can be variable.

very nice, I like the HP.. but I don't want to give in to start collecting 9000 series :)

Paul, I notice you have an Intel Aboveboard- would you have any drivers for that?
I just acquired one, with 8 mb max (but two on it). It has no jumpers.
PM me pls.

Last edited:
Yes, nice site indeed.

I have the Creator version of the Ultra 1 along with the 20 inch monitor, keyboard, mouse, internal CD and HD and an external HD and DAT.

Couldn't pass it up for free :)

Since then I've also acquired a Sparc 4 and Sparc 5 (just the boxes, no accessories. Good thing they all take the same peripherals)

No worries, he's got it.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! It's nice to share this stuff with people who can understand and appreciate these old machines.

-Paul

Back