• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Micro-80 Magazines online

tezza

Veteran Member
Hi,

I've attached a number of Micro-80 magazine PDFs to my System-80 website. People interested in the TRS-80 Model 1/III or EACA machines (System-80/Video Genie/PMC-80) might be interested.

Note this is NOT Wayne Green's US 80-Micro. Micro-80 is a magazine published in Australia, that supported TRS-80/System 80 machines amongst a few others. These mags are significant historical artificats and reflect some computing history in this part of the world. That's my motivation for making them available.

The PDFs are being hosted on a free server which has a strict bandwith limit. Please DO NOT download all of them at once. If you are interested in them, take one, read it, then a day or two later get another one. Otherwise my monthly allowence may evaporate in days and I'll have to remove the archive.

The download page is at http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/system-80/literature_magazines_micro-80_archive.htm

Enjoy

Tez

Last edited:
Damn. For a mnute I thought my large collecton of Micro-80 magazines had become of zero value. Not that they're worth much consdering the cost of shipping those voluminous US zines. Some are as large as many "Byte"s were, even in Byte's heyday.

Lawrence

Last edited:
Don't worry Lawrence, they are only low-res scans. I'm sure some people would still want the real thing.

Those 80-Micros (which are the ones I think you mean) are indeed HUGE. Consequently, the PDFs are correspondingly large. A lot of filespace would be needed for that library! They are a good read though. I've got many original ones. I love the old advertisements...the hairstyles..the cheese... :)

Tez

Hey tezza, thanks for posting these!

I just got around to downloading the first three PDF files (they were small, so I grabbed all three of them. I'll start pulling the rest down, one every couple of days or so) and looked them over. I had forgotten how much of a "hands-on" crowd we were back then!

Again, thanks!

Hey tezza, thanks for posting these!

I just got around to downloading the first three PDF files (they were small, so I grabbed all three of them. I'll start pulling the rest down, one every couple of days or so) and looked them over. I had forgotten how much of a "hands-on" crowd we were back then!

You're welcome.

Yes, it's interesting to read these old mags of 25+ years ago. it's hands-on and close to the metal. Even though it was distributed throughout Australia and New Zealand, it has the flavour of a club magazine. Very different when compared the 80-Micro, the US one.

In those pre-Internet days machine-specific mags played a big part educating users about their machines and sharing tips.

Tez

Back