• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

implementing PHP in a web server

Mike Chambers

Veteran Member
hi guys... this is far from vintage computing. believe it or not, i actually have computers newer than 286's! basically i'm writing a win32 HTTP/FTP server with PHP support.

i know how to feed the PHP processor php code and get it to output to an html file. pretty much just PHP.EXE < input.php > output.html but here's my question; how do i feed variables from a GET or POST response that my server has gathered into the PHP processor?

you guys are brilliant so i thought i'd ask the pros! :)

thanks
-mike

hi guys... this is far from vintage computing. believe it or not, i actually have computers newer than 286's! basically i'm writing a win32 HTTP/FTP server with PHP support.

Writing/porting software for/to 8/16-bit computers is one thing, but if your platform is 32-bit, why are you wasting your time reinventing the wheel? Just recompile Apache and PHP for your 32-bit platform.

Writing/porting software for/to 8/16-bit computers is one thing, but if your platform is 32-bit, why are you wasting your time reinventing the wheel? Just recompile Apache and PHP for your 32-bit platform.

well, i know it's not exactly like my program is going to become the leader in the server market. it's just a little personal project. if anything, i plan to make it easier for noobs to use than apache. that's about the only advantage it should have.

i just finished the HTTP/1.1 byte range support, and am currently testing it with winamp using seeking. seems to work well! about to start on virtual hosting support. but yes, i just need to get the whole variables thing for PHP down and that's all the info i should need. everything else i'm cool with.

Back