• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

In desperate need of Eisa config

Amigaz

Experienced Member
Try the file I use with my board:

I'll do my best to look for it. Everex was a big company back then, so the file should turn up.

Attachments

• SuperEISA.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 1
Try the file I use with my board:

I'll do my best to look for it. Everex was a big company back then, so the file should turn up.

Thanks, I'm going to give it a shot

I goggled my ass off after the files yesterday

I tried to use the !sis0000.cfg and !sis0001.cfg files I used on my other Eisa SiS chipset motherboard but it insisted on wanting this other cfg file.
Maybe I can rename the !sis config files to what it's nagging about if your files you kindly shared won't work?

btw. I used the "cf.exe" and "cfg.exe" Eisa prog's

Back in the Stone Age, when I was running an Everex box, all of the .cfg files I ever needed were located on the 'Net. Have you tried the WayBack machine to search for an old version of your dead archive?

--T

Back in the Stone Age, when I was running an Everex box, all of the .cfg files I ever needed were located on the 'Net. Have you tried the WayBack machine to search for an old version of your dead archive?

--T

Yep, please see the link I was refering too

You have any other tips that looking thru archived versions of everex.com?

Amigaz:

go here, and register for an account, and in this thread I linked to, send a message to ElectricD, and ask him if he found his EISA disks.

This might be the same dude - Electric Dragon.

T

The problem is all the links will reference an FTP (which are never archived) which no longer exists.

I dug around and found nothing so far.

Yep, noticed that yesterday.....tried all archived Everex sites on archive.org but all had broken d/l links

It's weird that all old everex stuff is wiped out...I mean alot of the other manafacturers stuff can still be found here for example http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/Archive/index.html

I think the forum has an option to email, vs a PM, and if so, I would try that instead.
Not everyone has the option enabled to send an email notifying of a new PM.

T

Here's an idea for you. Use an editor to edit your CFG file. Change the board ID from MCC0001 to EVX1698 and see what happens. If you actually look at the config file you'll see that it's not very complicated. I think this may have been the method I used on another one of my EISA boards I was missing the CFG file for, but it was so long ago I can't remember well.

Here's an idea for you. Use an editor to edit your CFG file. Change the board ID from MCC0001 to EVX1698 and see what happens. If you actually look at the config file you'll see that it's not very complicated. I think this may have been the method I used on another one of my EISA boards I was missing the CFG file for, but it was so long ago I can't remember well.

I actually tried renaming the config I got from you...it loaded and I could config the EISA stuff etc, got some ID mismatch error though but it appeared to save the settings ok but after a reboot I still got the infamous EISA config error

Going to try and edit the config as you suggest wghen I get home from work...

I don't have any high hopes on getting any help from the guy at the Everex forum since I got ny reply yet...have mailed him too

Dunno if I can expect any support from Everex themselves, I saw a post from 2007 in their forum that they had plans to relaunch the legacy file archive

Back