• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Artist TI12 Video card. Need more info.

NeXT

Veteran Member
It looked cool when I first bought it for five bucks but I have honestly no idea how good it is.
artist.jpg

artist6.jpg

As seen, aside from the VGA port it also has a second output using BNC connections. I have no documentation on it or any drivers. Does anyone else have an idea what it is like or where I can get more info on it?

EDIT: Actually, I think this should be in Vintage Computer Hardware and not here. :/

Last edited:
I think this would have cost at least $1500 new. I remember the "Artist 1" (and possibly "2") cards were the cat's meow for AutoCAD and PCAD well before this model.

We were looking at getting one of these later ones just before the VLB and PCI buses came out, which effectively negated much of the advantge.

I think this would have cost at least $1500 new. I remember the "Artist 1" (and possibly "2") cards were the cat's meow for AutoCAD and PCAD well before this model.

We were looking at getting one of these later ones just before the VLB and PCI buses came out, which effectively negated much of the advantge.

How good were they with graphics?
I know it's no IrisVision card set (Still looking for one of those as I am a fan of SGI gear) but how well does it perform in say Windows 3.1?
EIDT: Also, do the two sets of dip switches do anything special?

Last edited:
I really don't know much about this board and a few minutes of googling indicated that there is nothing out there. Even Wiki doesn't mention this company.

All you can do is try it with Win3.1. At least it has a VGA port and almost for sure provides basic boot-level PC video card functionality.

The Artist 1 was a double PCB and had a proprietary video connection with a single-scan output, typical of boards of that vintage, plus it did not provide BIOS level functionality - you still needed a standard MDA, CGA, or VGA card.

The Artist 1 was a double PCB and had a proprietary video connection with a single-scan output, typical of boards of that vintage, plus it did not provide BIOS level functionality - you still needed a standard MDA, CGA, or VGA card.

I have a Rubbermaid tub filled to the brim with cards. I'll give one of them a try.

BuMP.
I'm dropping this card into an AT clone (wish it was a REAL AT) tonight and I'm wondering if there are any drivers for it that will enable/improve how it performs.

Back